1/144 Entex Concorde

Any thoughts on the quality of the model or its parentage?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Steve Jahn

Entex didn't have any of its own tooling. All their kits were reboxes of somebody else's. Nitto, in the case of the Concorde and all their other 1/100 scale airliners.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I was going through my collection yesterday as a matter of fact and stopped to look at this kit. I think it looks rather simplistic by todays standards but will look like a Concorde. If I remember at my glancing at it it had very little surface detailing but the doors were ungraved. My thought was how beautiful the Revell Germany Concorde looked by comparison. Does this mean I would not build it? No, I would still build it especially since I already have it. Cheers, Max Bryant

BTW Entex kits were made by someone else. G-Mark or Anmark comes to mind.

Reply to
Max Bryant

airliners.Did

Reply to
Steve Jahn

Entex reboxed some of G-Mark's large scale car kits. Anmark followed Entex and was just another reboxer of others' (mainly Japanese-made) kits.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Entex only did a Concorde in 1/100 scale and it was of a prototype aircraft despite the Air France markings included in later releases of this kit.

However, Entex DID release an early version of the Tupolev Tu-144 in

1/144 scale. This kit was in Aeroflot colors (naturally) and was the only Tu-144 I'm aware of in 1/144 scale.

Entex also released a Boeing 2707 SST kit in a very small scale (1/600?). This kit was significant in that it was of the Boeing SST in the final configuration of a fixed delta wing with no canards. It included Pan Am markings.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Thanks everyone for the info. I'll let you know whether it's a Concorde or Tu-144 after it gets here plus whether it's Entex or not.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I was incorrect in stating that Entex only released one kit of the Concorde.

Entex also produced a 1/420 scale Concorde in Pan Am colors. This ten piece kit had a length of about six inches. This was one of a series of small scale airliners released by Entex in its "pocket pak passenger planes" series in the mid-1970s.

Some of the kits in this series included:

American Airlines 727 - 1/360 - No.8496B69 Pan Am Concorde - 1/420 - No.8496C69 Eastern DC-8-63 - 1/520 - 8496D69 United 737 - 1/280 - 8496G69 TWA 747 - 1/540 - 8496J69 Pan Am Boeing SST 2707 1/600 - 8496S69

Martin

Reply to
Martin