hydrogen powered Horten flying-wing

Goedendag,

At this years Aspach electric event (South Germany, best, biggest in the world?

Hydrogen powered Horten flying wing + diy outrunner Pictures

Videos & tech/development info

Motor: 10mm outrunner kit from

iquid hydrogen (99,9%) in two plastic bottles at 10 bar pressure Stack consists of 12 cells (
weight: 1,1kg Max power: 65Watt, 6Volt, 11Ampère Wingspan: 2m Weight: 650gr (empty of course) Plastic bottles (tested at 20bar) will be replaced by aluminium bottles (tested at ?? bar)

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

"Ron van Sommeren" wrote in message news:451aac45$0$2017$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

That's pretty cool. Fuel cell? Help me understand this. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

The fuel is cryogenic? Like -253 degrees centigrade? How does it stay cold?

Or is it just pressurised gas?

-- Anon

Reply to
anonymous

Goedendag (a Dutch word),

I would have posted English/American sites if they existed. No doubt this German project will sparc some ideas outside of Germany and we'll see similar sites in the 'language of the world'. Those *&^%$# Germans are just to modest, they need a Dutchman to spread the word. Use

for online translation (and a good laugh, automatic translation is far from perfect yet).

Vriendelijke groeten (also Dutch), Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

| That would be interesting if it was in English.

Try using

or
to do the conversion for you. They're not perfect, but it's often good enough.

| How many here agree that English is the language of the world?

English is perhaps the most commonly used language on Usenet, the Internet, and the WWW. If there is a `universal language' for these things, it would be English.

However, English is *not* the language of the world, and it's incredibly arrogant for an English speaker to suggest that.

And besides, even if you don't understand the language, you can always gawk at the pretty pictures!

| Just wondering ,I could be wrong.

I guess you could ...

| >> Motor: 10mm outrunner kit from

| >> Fuel: iquid hydrogen (99,9%) in two plastic bottles at 10 bar pressure | >

| > The fuel is cryogenic? Like -253 degrees centigrade? How does | > it stay cold?

`10 bar pressure' suggests pressurized gas.

Looks like a fuel cell too.

Neat concept.

| > Or is it just pressurised gas?

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Goedendag ;-)

It can fly for 6 minutes, it is said somewhere in the videos. At 1,1kg the fuel cell is pretty heavy, it can be made much lighter.

Full scale developments:

By the way, the pictures are not mine, they were made by Paul-Henri Tirtiaux from Belgium. I could not make it, my back is giving me troubles (that's what you get when you're over 2 meters tall :( ), I could not drive the

450km. Next year ...

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.

"Ron van Sommeren" wrote in message news:451aac45$0$2017$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

"Ron van Sommeren" wrote in message news:451c0f61$0$23339$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

Is a bar one atmosphere? TIA

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Sparky

Ed Cregger wrote

Yes

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

It was pretty interesting in German too.

How many here agree that

Engllish is an interntaional language, but it's not the language of the world.

Just wondering ,I could be wrong.

You could also try learning a 2nd or 3rd language yourself. It's not quite as easy as you seem to imagine.

Reply to
Beav

"Ron van Sommeren" wrote in message news:451bf7b5$0$2024$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

It may not be perfect (far from it, in fact) but it's more fun than some TV comedy shows:-)

I was over in your neck of the woods last month Ron. It rained the whole time and I couldn't get out quickly enough, although I did try :-) 148mph along that road they've built in the north of Holland connected to two peninsulars going to Leeuwarden/Groningen. Water both sides, water coming down from above and only lightning to illuminate the way:-)

Reply to
Beav

"Beav" wrote in

We are having lovely weather here in September, somebody up there must have switched August and September.

Good thing the police did not see you, you would have had to hand over your car to them. Verrrrry stiff fines ...

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

Actually no, a bar is 100,000 Pascal's (the SI unit of pressure), an atmosphere is 1.013 25 bar chosen as the average sea level pressure in Paris.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Damn! All my calculations were off by 1.325%. I've got a lot of errrata to publish.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

"Ron van Sommeren" wrote in message news:451c22df$0$2020$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

Thanks.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Sparky

Well, I think the thing is pretty damn good!!

A lot of modellers have enough trouble with their 100 year old technology engines and 30+ year old technology radio gear.

I think the guy deserves full congratulations and top marks for inventiveness, skill, knowledge and practical application!

Very well done indeed!

Allan