Hydrogen fuel cell in Horten flying wing

Goedendag,

At this years Aspach electric event (South Germany, best, biggest in the world?

Hydrogen powered Horten flying wing + diy outrunner Pictures

Videos & tech/development info

Motor: 10mm outrunner kit from

iquid hydrogen (99,9%) in two plastic bottles at 10 bar pressure Stack consists of 12 cells (
weight: 1,1kg Max power: 65Watt, 6Volt, 11Ampère Wingspan: 2m Weight: 650gr (empty of course) Plastic bottles (tested at 20bar) will be replaced by aluminium bottles (tested at ?? bar)

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

Goedendag ;-)

It can fly for 6 minutes, it is said somewhere in the videos. At 1,1kg the fuel cell is pretty heavy, it can be made much lighter.

Full scale developments:

By the way, the pictures are not mine, they were made by Paul-Henri Tirtiaux from Belgium. I could not make it, my back is giving me troubles (that's what you get when you're over 2 meters tall :( ), I could not drive the

450km. Next year ...

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

where did they bought the fuel cell? can you please help me with a link I can't understand german. FLick

Reply to
Flick

Do you want the good news or the bad news first? Ok, good news first, the cell is from

The bad news, it costs about 2000?, it is all still in a development stage, proof of concept, money is no object.

Prettig weekend ;-) Ron near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

Make that 2500Euro, a university devopment.

Prettig weekend ;-) Ron near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

that's what I was looking for. I know they are expensive and I never saw a so little and powerful fc so I'm interested. thanks for your reply FLick

Reply to
Flick

I didnt found any fc that can power a bruchless like the one in the video.. anc you tell me the model number please? FLick

Reply to
Flick

Sorry,

I have no idea, according to other replies I got, it's a co-development with an university. Maybe send them an e-mail?

Prettig weekend, Ron

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

Fantastic event, lots of interesting and fascinating models !Maybe next year...

RC.Workshop

"Ron van Sommeren" ha scritto nel messaggio news:451aac3b$0$2028$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

Reply to
RC.Workshop