"Raiders" Flying Wing

Just got back from Disneyland. Found a couple of things that I had been looking for including the Raiders of the Lost Ark German flying wing.

It's a toy, but the quality is really good, as some folks on this ng have said.

Just a note to tell all interested that it's back in stock. Indiana Jones shop in Adventureland.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

How much was it?

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

$8 plus tax. It's a Disney/Lucas product that I have never seen outside Disneyland. There is a web site on the packaging:

Have not checked it yet.

The outer wing panels are seperate. Three tone camo over light gray lower and under surfaces. Trench-like panel lines, but otherwise more of a model than a toy. Balkancreuzes on downward slanting wingtips and on red tail bands.

I picked up two. One to bash into a model, the other for Justin's collection.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Oh, and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/72 scale, too.

:-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I think it's close to 1/72 myself. However, an issue or so back of FSM has an article by someone "upgrading" the quality of it. He claims it to be 1/48. I've seen more to support 1/72 than 1/48.

Reply to
famvburg

The cockpit and gun turret would not be practical for 1/48 scale.

Of course the object is fictional, so almost anything would be posible.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I got one on Ebay and I thought it was more 1/72ish myself. Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

The tank is closer to 1/48 than anything else, but even there it seems a bit small.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

If it's the eBay one, the wingspan is something like 15". Crew compartment is kind of small though. Looking at the designs on Luft 46, flying wings did not have that vast a span. For 1/72 you might want to trim the wings.

Reply to
Tom Cervo