Interior Colour on A-10

I am building an A-10 in the latest ghost grey colour scheme and cannot find a reference to the interior colour. the kit (Tamiya) only shows the old european schemes and I am not sure if that colour is still appropriate.

Can anyone give me an FS, a Tamiya, Lifecolor or Acrylix number. I am assuming that the wheel wells, etc. are in the same colour. Is that so?

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, the actual model is for a CT ANG A-10 running out of Bradley CT.

Reply to
David Pennington

I know that the A-10s used to have Dark Gull Gray (FS 36231) interiors, but I don't know if that changed with the mods for NVG use or not.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Thanks. What is NVG? (speaking as a Brit!)

David

Reply to
David Pennington

night vision goggle.......as usd in Harriers etc too. Im a limey and i knew that

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Thanks for the info but your point is?

David

Reply to
David Pennington

Try these links:

Or: Just go to Google's Advanced Image Search. type in "cockpit" in the first line and "A-10" in the second line. Then you can pick and choose which photos are worthwhile for you. There are examples of aircraft with the Gray cockpit and some with the predominantly black finish, so take your pick. 8-) As I said earlier, I believe the gray cockpits are appropriate for pre-NVG ops, while the black is for the NVG era. I have no idea when these aircraft were updated, and which ones were updated, that I'll leave to someone else.

HTH

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Thanks

Funnily enough I use Google Images quite often but I didn't think about that for this problem.

Regards

David

Reply to
David Pennington