Color for RAF fuel bowser?

I know it's sort of a blue, and it looks rather like PRU blue. Watching "The Battle of Britain" on DVD yesterday, I saw that the other airfield service trucks were painted the same way, and I have wanted to do up a Morris 6x4 as an RAF vehicle for a while now (part of the Airfix Bofors Gun & Tractor kit.) Can anyone suggest Polly Scale or Tamiya equivalent?

Thanks

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Mark Schynert wrote > I know it's sort of a blue, and it looks rather like PRU blue.

Hello there

It all depends on the time frame. Pre-war RAF vehicles were finished in blue-grey, but in 1939-40 the paint colour was switched to a khaki green shade, in 1941 to brown and in 1944 to olive drab.

Of course, vehicles were only repainted when they were given a complete overhaul not when the 'official' colours were changed.

So you could in theory have an RAF MT park showing two or three different colours.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Guthrie

Thanks!