Wich TX for heli newbie

I'm new in heli hobby and dont know what TX to buy. I fixed a price limit around 800 $. (I dont want to buy a second hand TX, only a new model with servos,RX and grafic interface for easy programming and -most of all- to see and adjust the curves)

I also got some precise questions:

-Is PCM better than FM for helis ?

-Do digital servos worth the surplus of price for helicopters ?

-The only chopper pilot at the local club is a FU-8CHF user. Do I have to buy a Futaba TX to connect my TX to his own TX in trainning mode ? Is the

9CHF compatible with the FU-8CHF, though its connector is not the same ?

-Why do Futaba sell their heli combos with only 4 servos instead of 5 like JR ?

Thanks in advance for your good advices and opinion

-- DanyBoy

Reply to
DanyBoy

DanyBoy,

I have the Futaba 8UH and have been very happy with it. You can easily find one of these for under your limit. I'll try to answer each of your questions below:

-PCM: I'd look for a discussion of PCM vs. PPM for this question. I use PPM (or standard modulation, I suppose) and have never had a problem with it. If you are thinking along the lines of PCM helping to filter out noise better, if you are having noise problems, you should find the source of the noise or rearrange things to eliminate it.

-Digital servos: Unless you are doing competitions, I don't think digital servos are needed. Some people use a digital servo on the tail only for better control there. A high speed digital servo with a quality gyro is a good combination. I don't use any digital servos.

-Futaba TX: I've used a simple 4 channel Hitec radio boxed with my 8U with no problems, but never a computer radio. You ought to check out Futaba's website

or perhaps a vendors site. I bet they have something addressing this issue.

-4 servos: I don't know why they do this. It would give you the flexibility to get a faster servo for your tail rotor, however.

Good luck!

~Dan

Remove 'nospamman' to reply by email

Reply to
Daniel Nash

Thanks for your response Daniel. Maybe I'll go for the JR X378 because it's user friendly and lots of people consider the best in it's category.

-- DanyBoy

"Daniel Nash" a écrit dans le message de news: bevan2$9lg$ snipped-for-privacy@solaris.cc.vt.edu...

Reply to
DanyBoy

The JR is not compatible with Futaba for buddy box purposes. The 9CHF is compatible with the 8U; they make a cord with the right connectors.

-- DanyBoy

"Daniel Nash" a écrit dans le message de news: bevan2$9lg$ snipped-for-privacy@solaris.cc.vt.edu...

Reply to
Carrell