So, the Futaba 14MZ wasn't expensive enough for you?

So, the Futaba 14MZ wasn't enough radio for you?

Meet the Futaba FX-40. Only a mere $3000, it's here for the `money is no object!' crowd!

At this price, you get the TX, a RX and no servos.

Sort of makes the 14MZ look like a bargain at a mere $2200.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Kinda makes you wonder how many months away is Futaba's 2.4 GHz SS entry into the marketplace that will render this one obsolete.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

I'm not sure I like digital trims but this sounds different. Doug, I'll drive to Austin to try yours and see how I like it. :) mk

Reply to
MK

| > Meet the Futaba FX-40. Only a mere $3000, it's here for the `money is | > no object!' crowd! ... | I'm not sure I like digital trims but this sounds different. Doug, I'll | drive to Austin to try yours and see how I like it.

At this price, I should offer to send my private jet up to bring you down to Austin rather than making you drive!

Personally, I like digital trims, mostly because you don't bump them and knock them totally out of whack, and because they can be remembered along with the plane's memory. And if you have multiple flight modes set up on your TX, they can be remembered along with that specific flight mode, so each flight mode can have it's own trims.

The tactile feel of analog trims is nice too, but overall, I prefer digital trims. I guess the ideal fusion of the two would be analog trims where the TX can move the trim knob for you, to set it to the value it remembers. Doesn't really sound that practical, however.

My best radio is an Evo 9 (sorry, no 14Z or FX-40.) It does trims a bit differently -- rather than shifting the entire curve up and down like Futaba and I assume JR and others, it only shifts the mid-point. The endpoints remain exactly where they were. It takes a little getting used to, and it requires that you do more of your trimming with the plane linkages (or by adjusting the actual endpoints in your radio) rather than with your trim knobs, but I think I like it.

Reply to
Doug McLaren