where is the cheapest nitro engine shop for airplanes?

Where do I buy cheap nitro engine for my airplane on the net?

Henrik Denmark

Reply to
Henrik

JACOB

I have done buying engines on Ebay auctions. The first one was an OS-40 FX that I purchased for about $45.00 (a steal) and this year I won a HB 60 for about $65.00. The HB is a beauty and it runs great. Hope to get it into the air soon. The OS, although used is a strong engine and has puller my PT-40 around for a lot of miles. I put it into a S.P.A.D. and it was great. I did get a brushless electric motor on Ebay. It was brand new and I ended up paying more than retail. Lesson, I should have researched it better.

Reply to
Marlowe

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 00:52:36 +0100, "Henrik" wrote in :

GMS engines from RJL enterprises?

1.20 engine for US $80 and a trade-in engine.

.40 engine for US $40 and a trade-in engine.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Well I can get :

OS LA 15 - 76$ OS LA 25 - 83$ OS LA 40 - 89$ OS LA 45 - 110$ OS LA 65 - 137$

I don't know if that is cheap.. !

Henrik

"Henrik" skrev i en meddelelse news:43922e2a$0$1791$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
Henrik

Do you want cheap, or do you want a reliable, powerful, user friendly engine ? The reliable, powerful and user friendly are not usually associated with cheap.

A prime example - go to RC Universe and do a search on MDS. You will quickly find out why this relatively inexpensive engine is fondly reffered to as "Mostly Don't Start", or another nickname is "Many Dead Sticks", or the best (IMHO ) "Metal Door Stop".

You get what you pay for.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 10:00:51 +0100, "Henrik" wrote in :

If you want an LA, those are probably relatively low prices.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

If they are Hong Kong dollars then they are cheap - if US dollars then they are bloody expensive

David

Henrik wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

For reference, the LA65 is $109.99 at Tower Hobbies. That is likely the best online price, in the US, for that engine.

is US Dollars and I have no idea what the exchange rates are or if there would be taxes related to importing to Denmark from the US. And shipping would have to be added.

Reply to
Carrell

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Hi there

I think in this hobbie Cheap is not an option.

Reliable and service are.

Cheap engines tend to last only a few months.

greetz

Spike

Reply to
Spike