I'm New in the Group

My name is Dan.

I'm a friend of Marty Moleski's.

We've been flying at the Wing and Rotor field since 1995 or 1996.

Marty is showing me how newsgroups work. This is the first time I've ever tried posting to the newsgroup. I don't know whether I'll figure out how to read any replies to this post--please bear with me.

I moved into a small house with some big needs in January, so I haven't been able to do much building or flying this year. When I get done renovating the house and the basement, then I can start working on some of the engines and kits that I've accumulated over the years.

I don't like flying in the cold or the snow, so the winter is "building season" for me.

Dan

Reply to
R.C. Flyer21

Welcome to the group. We mostly discuss modeling here, but occasionally we have a few political trolls show up. Have Marty show you about the newsreader filters also.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Forgot. Always include a quote of what you are replying to when you reply to someone. That way we know who your responding to.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Thanks, Vance!

I understand the concept. It may take me a while to learn the keystrokes.

But I understand that it's my fault if I let the trolls bug me.

Dan

Reply to
R.C. Flyer21

Reply to
JACOB

"And a child shall lead them..."

Amen.

Reply to
daytripper

Welcome to the group. I'm not sure Marty likes you if he turned you on to us! :) Ever notice how many modeling skills come into play working on your house or other projects? I know one fellow who will fiberglass places on his boat with CA! mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Welcome to the NG! Here in So Cal there is no such thing as "Winter Building" other than whatever the calendar says. I am in for a rude awakening, I think, when I retire to the Pittsburgh area. Have Martin show you how filters work. VERRRRY useful...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Here in Colorado in the winter we can get some beautiful bright, sunny clear days but with low temps. Operating a glow engine can make the fingers mighty numb. But now I have some small electric planes that can be fly at these times.

Right now I'm working on my Big Stick 40 while I look out at 8" of snow that fell today. I could be flying it in a couple of days, who knows.

Reply to
Marlowe

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 20:31:02 -0600, "Storm's Hamburgers" wrote in :

I'm not sure that the introductory lesson in how to subscribe and post to the newsgroup is going to take with Dan. He travels a lot during the week as a mechanical engineer. We'll see if he ever comes back to the group without me twisting his arm. :o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

You are trading Pittsburgh for sunny SoCal ? What do you know that I do not know ? You will miss those Valley girls kiddo !! And what about Titos Tacos in Santa Monica ?

Reply to
Eye Indo

Welcome aboard, Dan.

Any friend of Marty's is a friend of mine.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

"And He is the Kwizatz Haderach!"

Oops! Wrong book!

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

So take a break around February and come fly in the sunshine, bring Marty.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Let's just say that after watching So Cal turn to shit all my life, the "Los Angeles, Mexico" billboards were the final straw...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

OK, you win, I agree there. I left years ago, but still miss SoCal weather.

Reply to
Eye Indo

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:35:28 -0500, "Ed Cregger" wrote in :

Dan's a real nice guy and a fine engineer, but I don't think he's ready to put on a stillsuit and fight the worms for the spice. :o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Hehehe... Now I have Stilgar's voice in my head. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Hah!

.....one better.

I found a rot... um "deteriorated" spot on my old wood boat.. Dried, preservative, dry, soak with thin CA.

When the smoke cleared.. permanent (and strong) repair.. :)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

"Shai Huluud".