The RCM neighborhood

Yesterday I bought a machine from Russell Barr. It was agood deal. Good for him too because he didn't have to put it in the basement again. The move was a bit tricky because of the access but four determined guys managed without damaging the house or machine or bodies. All of the transactions I've dealt with through RCM have been positive. I have not been ripped off once. Nor have I been the ripper. When it comes to machines and metalworking this group is really tops. I am self employed as a machinist and so my purchases are usually more business related. This means that I can't afford to spend money on tools I won't use. Still, I've done allright. I read many posts from hobbiests and neophytes and still learn from them even though my metalworking career spans about 30 years. Just wanted to say that as a whole this group is great. Cheers, Eric R Snow, E T Precision Machine

Reply to
Eric R Snow

I have had much the same experience with the group. Although there may be some bad apples lurking I have yet to run across one. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peterson

One of the great advantages of online communities like this is that there's no place for the bad guys to hide. That's one of the reasons they are becoming an increasing part of the social landscape of the 21st century.

Global villages can provide many of the things that people used to get from physical villages -- including global village idiots, but nothing's perfect.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

I'll also add that I've had extremely good luck purchasing machine tool parts on Ebay. Much better than in other categories of items I've purchased. With the notorious exception of Mr. Al Babin this seems to be a more honest group (machinists) in general.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Reply to
Don Foreman

Likewise. I've gained and let loose of a few things, everyone happy. I've also been machining for 3+ decades and have learned some things from this group. And best of all, have made some good friends, some of whom I've yet to meet in person. AND, got one way cool hound dog from Gunner.

michael & Buckshot

Reply to
michael

Did we ever determine if he is now Marjenmachines? I bought a South Bend lathe booklet (Oiling the lathe) from them back in August. After a week I sent an email asking when it shipped. Several more attempts and "Chris" tells me they aren't shipping paper booklets and he wants to send me an electronic version. (Funny that even today there are several paper manuals and booklets for sale.) I replied that they should ship the item that they put up for sale which was a paper booklet. After another month of non-returned emails and attempts to talk to them on the "customer service" phone they rarely answered I gave up trying to get it. At least they refunded my money.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF