OT- just couldn't stay away

hey guys! back in October I left the group because of all the
non-metalworking posts that i felt was ruining this metalworking ng. I have
to admit that I have been lurking around recently and have read some good
stuff. I sent an email to Gunner apologizing to him regarding my rant
because he caught alot of crap after it, and i wasn't pointing the finger at
him when i wrote it. I was just tired of the bickering between the left and
the right from every media outlet available. This was an area I could turn
to enjoy my passion for metalworking and it was here too (ARGH!). I've
decided to stop being a big baby and come back and add to the forum again.
Maybe nobody really gives a rats ass whether I'm back or not but I thought I
would make it "official" by sending out a little note.
There, that's it, now back the metalworking stuff... as you were.
Merry Christmas everybody!
walt
ps. I launched a new website with some motorcycle stuff (and metalworking
too) because the last geocities site was constantly being shut down if it
got busy. visit
and sign the guestbook.
Reply to
wallster
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:39:15 -0500, "wallster" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
hcnchnchncch! Addict! Enough of the grovelling self-justification.
Admit it! the group is worth the crap! The crap _IS_ the group! Without the "crap" the group would die.
This not because the carp is anything to do with the topic, but because you will not get LIFE from dead people.
Ignore what you want. people post what you don't want. LIFE.
Reply to
Old Nick
"hcnchnchncch!" how DARE you say that to me! ; ) I do like the atmosphere... it's like a boys club for degenerate metalworkers.
walt
Reply to
wallster
-------------------- snip --------------------------------------------------
Welcome back Walt. Had the same feelings you did but stuck it out since I figured it would calm down ever the elections. Checked out your new web site. Great job, nice pics. Will have to go back and sign your guestbook.
From a metal-wood worker east of you by about 50 miles.
Bernd
Reply to
Bernd
Said well as only Old Nick could!
Reply to
Tom Gardner
Welcome back Walt!
Now you know you are addicted, both to metalworking and this newsgroup
Gunner
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, nonaddictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or the secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
May you have a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make the world great, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, political belief, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is under warranty to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and the warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
Reply to
Gunner
I'm going to think about this one real hard, Nick. Somehow, carp bring the dead back to life? This isn't the old "throw away the carp and eat the plank" joke, is it?
You have a good subject for an article there. Try Gourmet Magazine.
Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
> > Welcome back Walt! > > Now you know you are addicted, both to metalworking and this newsgroup > > > Gunner >snipped
Reply to
wallster
Hey, if I transfer it freely and you subsequently revoke it, am I under an obligation to revoke the transferred greeting?
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Winter solstice? WINTER solstice? You insensitive clod! What about all the aussies and kiwis? And for that matter those guys on the international space station, who experience an entirely different solar calender?
Such political insensitivity is very unbecoming you know. You might as well have said "Merry Christmas" without being much more in the wrong!
Reply to
Tim Wescott
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:46:57 -0500, "wallster" calmly ranted:
Those don't work. Look for a 12-step program instead, Walt.
Reply to
Larry Jaques
1. Buy a welder. 2. Buy a lathe. 3. Buy a milling machine. 4. Buy tooling. 5. Beg, borrow, or steal raw materials. . . . 12. Spend too much time in the shop to ask questions.
Personally, I'm working on #3. :^) --Glenn Lyford
Reply to
Glenn Lyford
Ugh! Kill the flash and scrollers, PLEASE!
Other than that, looks OK. --Glenn Lyford
Reply to
Glenn Lyford
hehehehe... pimpy!
walt
Reply to
wallster
Is that like bling ? I had to ask a teenager what that was. I figured it was like being a nerd with the bell on a bicycle , bling bling bling.
At least slow it down.
Reply to
Sunworshipper
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:47:17 -0500, "wallster" calmly ranted:
Well, that AMF/Hardly with _whitewalls_ looks bloody pimpy if anything does. =:-0
---------------------------------------------------------------------- * Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy * --Noah *
Larry Jaques
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:43:39 -0500, "Ed Huntress" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
Yeah Yeah! Saw that and waited....
Something to do with "give a man a fish" or whatever?
Actually.........
Definition: carp [v] raise trivial objections
Reply to
Old Nick
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:54:42 GMT, "Tom Gardner" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
Wot? With the typo, you mena?
Reply to
Old Nick
*Is* there anything other than the flash? I will not install flash -- after having some security problems with it a few years ago, and having to jump through hoops to pull it back out of my browser at the time.
What *I* see on the page is two large blocks which would have had the Flash in them if I had allowed it, and to the left two pair of dice which appear to have rolled once (I limit the play-throughs of animations), and well below that dark gray text on black background (nearly invisible) with no signs of active links anywhere. Is that information in the flash? If so, you have limited the number of people who can get anything from your page.
Merry Christmas, anyway, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
Ayup..there is..and thats exactly what got most of us into this mess
First it was a screwdriver and a loose screw, then a window needed a new screen, and then the wife wanted some plant hangers........