sold my tig welder yesterday

I was having some "financial difficulties" so i decided to pay off some
stuff. I sold our 2005 vehicle and replaced it with a 2001 vehicle (a
$210. a month savings!). I had my home phone number ported to my cell
phone and had the landline turned off (a $55. a month savings), and my
beloved miller tig welder got sold ($1500. cash).
The only good thing about the sale was not only can i pay off a few
bills, the new owner turned out to be a hell of a nice guy.
He's retiring soon and decided to go into his own business, building
custom motorcycles. He had been doing this on a small scale for a few
years but decided he was going to dive right in. After about an hour of
metalworking and motorcycle talk he gave me what i was asking for the
machine (no dickering... the ad said firm), and he also offered to let
me use it at his shop if i needed.
I really don't feel so bad about it going now. I lost a welder, but
gained another friend with the same interests.
You metal guys are an interesting bunch! :)
walt
ps. I redesigned my site, so if you're bored, drop in and wander
around!

wallster
Once you get back going another welder will find you.
Reply to
Waynemak
That's right, it will be an opportunity to upgrade.
Reply to
AL