The Horror! The Horror!

Once again, I have been a witness to metalworking from the 15th century. Two holes drilled with a center drill, the DRO is working, .312" apart, time to pop the #13 drill through. Chuck it up in the Bison ER-20 chuck, and it sure looks to be not-straight while it's under power.

Instead of using a different drill, or ordering another #13, the decision is made to drive on with what we've got. That's when I walked away. It was so close... almost had those tendencies to butcher, er, make it work under control. I'm not the one that has to hand it back. But in reality, it may be close enough to work. Just that hope is not a method that I used in a machine shop...

Reply to
Louis Ohland