Servo Configuration in Bipe

I just got my first Bipe which has individual servos for each of the four ailerons. The new Sig Sundancer. Sig recommends 70+ oz servos, so I am going with some Futuba digitals (S9451).

There is three different ways to hook up these 4 ailerons servos to the receiver. I have a computer radio (Futuba 9C) so it can handle each of these.

1) Each servo is independently wired and gets a different channel. 2) The two servos in the top wing or Y connected and use one channel. (Mechanical reversing) Same for the two servos in the bottom wing using a different channel. 3) The servos on the right side are Y connected using one channel, and the servos on the left side are Y connected using a different channel.

I asked several different guys at the field, and of course got different answers.

Could anybody tell me what they have done in the past, and any advantages/disadvantages of the different configurations.

Thanks Derek

Reply to
dprog

Simplest way is with a JR Matchbox(Futaba has a clone too)....1 into 4 and mechanical reversing. With computer reversing you do have the ability to program differential but is it really necessary on a sport plane??? Mitchg

Reply to
MEpst22487

I have four servos in my GP Christian Eagle. I first had all the servos connected to one channel. RX is a Futaba 9ch PCM. The servos went nuts when the fourth servo was plugged in. I now have the top wing on one Y lead and the bottom wing on another Y lead. I use two channels and mix them in the radio.

Works for me.

Regards

Tom Watson Sydney Australia

Reply to