flap & aileron settings DX6i

Hi all,

I'm putting together an e-Flite T-34 ARF and am not sure how I should set up the aileron and flap servos. This bird has two aileron servos and one flap servo.

Should I put the 2nd aileron on the aux channel and the flaps on the gear? I got this to work using a mix to drive the 2nd aileron, but I don't like the idea of getting in the habbit of flipping the gear switch for flaps.

Or, should I put the 2nd aileron on the gear channel and the flaps on aux? That way I can use the flap switch and flap settings, but the gear settings muck up the 2nd aileron.

Another setup I tried is the 1st one above, but used the radio's "dual aileron wing type" which drive the ailerons correctly without a mix, but when I dropped the flaps, I also got flaperons. That might not be a bad thing, but.....

Suggestions most welcome.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

I have not had good luck trying to use flaperons and flaps. The single attempt was a real dog never to be repeated. *I* would 'Y' the ailerons and use the flap channel for the flaps. But then folks accuse me of being a stick in the mud.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I would put a Y cable on the aileron servos, connect the flaps to the flap channel on the transmitter.

CR

Reply to
Charley38

Charley38 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ktc.com:

Interesting, as I've heard in person and read on forums it's better to haev two servos so that differential can be used to help aileron rolls not turn into barrel rolls.

I think I'll just stick with the flaps on the gear channel and 2nd aileron on aux. I used the radio's dual aileron mode. I now have flaps and/or flaperons. And on the flaperons, I can set the amount of flap, so experimenting here can be brought in little by little to determine any bad characteristics. But that's for later. First flights will be flaps only. In fact, the very first flights will be flaps always.

Now I'm just working on getting all the throws correct and even. No rush there as weather is moving in just in time for my days off. Still gotta put in expo.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise