Reverse Servo from inside

O.K. Gang: Back flying after 6 years: Two new radios (Futaba) I have a built Top Flight T-6 which utilizes two servos to power the flaps. They are mounted on each side of the wing in the same direction: with a Y harness. They must move in the same direction. Well they dont. Not when mounted in the same direction. Six years ago I fixed this by reversing the servo motor wires inside. My new servos 3003 & 3004 the motor is wired directly to the circut board.

Any ideas besides rebuiding the flap mounting area ????

Denis Winters <

Reply to
Denis Winters

Get a Y-harness with a servo reverse on one leg.

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Use a reversing Y harness or use a programmable mix and an addition channel to sort it out.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Kaip

Thanks gang I had no idea this stufff was available: I just called the local Hobby shop: in stock for 10 bucks

Delima Solved

Denis <

Reply to
Denis Winters

Get a Y with a built in reverser. Cost about $20. Got mine at the LHS, I believe but they sell em at Tower etc.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

The easiest and best way to address this and other setup issues is to go with one of the computer radios such as the Multiplex EVO (or the Futaba 9C if you're married to Futaba; but the EVO is a much more capable radio as far as programming goes). Servo reversing and mixing are no-brainers with a good computer radio, and the money you save by NOT having to buy reversing Y-connectors and other such nonsense easily pays for the radio.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Exactly how does the computer radio reverse ONE leg of the Y connector?? Inquiring minds would like to know! d:->))

Reply to
Don Parker

  1. Don't buy the Y connector as he said.
  2. Each servo gets its own channel.
  3. The channels are mixed appropriately to get the required function.

-- Dave Thompson

Reply to
Dave Thompson

What Y connector? The answer is you plug the servos into different channels. No Y connector is needed. This gives you control of the direction of each servo at the transmitter.

Reply to
C G

I guess "easier" and "best" are relative terms. It's easier to buy a $15 reversing connecter and switch it out with the stock one. It's also best for me to save some money now that I am married. I can get 10-15 connectors before I'm up to the cost of a new transmitter.

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

A 'free' option would be to switch the outside two wires on the pot inside the servo. Even if they are hard wired to the board there is enough space to chop a little out of the middle and insert two flexible wires to reverse the servo sense.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Ah so! Don't know if ya don't ask! I had the mind set one function, one channel. I'm building my first RC now, so every little thing is "new". Just got done splicing an extra 3" of wire on the aileron servos so I didn't have to worry about an extension plug left inside the wing. Had a hell of a time pulling those wire nuts through the ribs on the ARF!! (kidding - solder splice w/heat shrink :-). On the subject of servos: is it best to try and get everything set as close as possible (arm choice, position, etc.) before screwing the thing in the bay? I'm building a J-3 Cub park flyer with HS-55 micro servos, and it just doesn't seem those little bitty screws going into balsa are going to take a lot of stress (also plan of dribbling some thin CA in the treaded holes before final assembly)....... Do the servos have a fairly precise "default position" when turned off, then powered back on, or what's the best way to set them up from scratch? All suggestions welcome & appreciated!!

Cheers'n Beers.. [_]) Don

Reply to
Don Parker

Turn on the radio with the servos connected and ensure the center for the servo arms are the same. Mount the servos. Mount the control horns on the surface. Turn on the radio to help keep the servos centered and then measure, cut, and install the linkages.

Go fly

Reply to
Don Hatten

Try using the same servo types!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

rather than doing it the hard way, why not put the wire on the other side of the servo wheel?

just asking...

Reply to
tater schuld

BOTH the motor and pot wires must be switched !

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Which is what I did for the flaps on my 1/4 Super Cub. Since it was a kit, it was simple to mount the flap servos offset in the bay so I could use the same side of the arms.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

why not cut the servo wire and install a hex inverter ??? only $0.79 at Radio Shack......

Reply to
bauchas