Reverse Servo from inside

O.K. Gang: Back flying after 6 years: Two new radios (Futaba) I have a built Top Flight T-6 which utilizes two servos to power the flaps. They are
mounted on each side of the wing in the same direction: with a Y harness. They must move in the same direction. Well they dont. Not when mounted in the same direction. Six years ago I fixed this by reversing the servo motor wires inside. My new servos 3003 & 3004 the motor is wired directly to the circut board.
Any ideas besides rebuiding the flap mounting area ????
Denis Winters <><
Get a Y-harness with a servo reverse on one leg. http://www.servohut.com/html/wires.htm
http://www.cermark.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code !6FJYGSR
http://www.cermark.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code $6JRYGSR
Don

built
in
motor

Use a reversing Y harness or use a programmable mix and an addition channel to sort it out.
Douglas
Thanks gang I had no idea this stufff was available: I just called the local Hobby shop: in stock for 10 bucks
Delima Solved
Denis <><
Get a Y with a built in reverser. Cost about $20. Got mine at the LHS, I believe but they sell em at Tower etc.
--
Dan
AMA605992

built
in
motor
MJC wrote:

Exactly how does the computer radio reverse ONE leg of the Y connector?? Inquiring minds would like to know! d:->))
In pecked:

1. Don't buy the Y connector as he said. 2. Each servo gets its own channel. 3. The channels are mixed appropriately to get the required function.
-- Dave Thompson
Dave Thompson wrote:

Ah so! Don't know if ya don't ask! I had the mind set one function, one channel. I'm building my first RC now, so every little thing is "new". Just got done splicing an extra 3" of wire on the aileron servos so I didn't have to worry about an extension plug left inside the wing. Had a hell of a time pulling those wire nuts through the ribs on the ARF!! (kidding - solder splice w/heat shrink :-). On the subject of servos: is it best to try and get everything set as close as possible (arm choice, position, etc.) before screwing the thing in the bay? I'm building a J-3 Cub park flyer with HS-55 micro servos, and it just doesn't seem those little bitty screws going into balsa are going to take a lot of stress (also plan of dribbling some thin CA in the treaded holes before final assembly)....... Do the servos have a fairly precise "default position" when turned off, then powered back on, or what's the best way to set them up from scratch? All suggestions welcome & appreciated!!
Cheers'n Beers.. [_]) Don
Turn on the radio with the servos connected and ensure the center for the servo arms are the same. Mount the servos. Mount the control horns on the surface. Turn on the radio to help keep the servos centered and then measure, cut, and install the linkages.
Go fly
Don

didn't
close
just
"default
Don Parker wrote:

What Y connector? The answer is you plug the servos into different channels. No Y connector is needed. This gives you control of the direction of each servo at the transmitter.
I guess "easier" and "best" are relative terms. It's easier to buy a $15 reversing connecter and switch it out with the stock one. It's also best for me to save some money now that I am married. I can get 10-15 connectors before I'm up to the cost of a new transmitter.
Don

go
9C
far
other

built
in
motor
A 'free' option would be to switch the outside two wires on the pot inside the servo. Even if they are hard wired to the board there is enough space to chop a little out of the middle and insert two flexible wires to reverse the servo sense.
Chris
BOTH the motor and pot wires must be switched !
David

Try using the same servo types!
-- Paul McIntosh http://www.rc-bearings.com

built
in
motor
For that matter use a JR servo in one wing, I believe they turn opposite directions. Can anyone confirm? mk

harness.
mounted
the
Early on Hitec had some reverse travel servos.
-- Paul McIntosh http://www.rc-bearings.com

What a helpful reply. The only difference between a 3003 and 3004 is one has ball bearings, and the other does not. The different model number is not the problem.
Paul McIntosh wrote:

If the only difference is the bearing, then how can one turn in the reverse direction??? Reading your post indicates that they are both mounted with the shafts pointing the same direction. If this is the case, both should move the same direction when on a Y harness. If they don't then the servos are not the same.
Now, if the servos are mounted so that the shafts are opposite (mirror image) then that is a design flaw in the model as it would require either having flaps taking up two channels, or needing a reversing circuit to operate properly.
-- Paul McIntosh http://www.rc-bearings.com

harness.
mounted
the
Paul McIntosh wrote:

If the horn on one of the flaps could physically be moved, it's just a matter of flipping the servo arm 180', since when the right side is pushing, the left side is pulling, but apparently that's not an easy option. At least that's how World Model's J-3 is handling the situation with my FIRST RC model, being assembled as we speak (and makes me a bloody authority on the matter :-), with opposite offsets of the pushrods for the ailerons. Assuming on my part that most servo's are the three wire variety, with most likely a common ground, and cw/ccw movement, couldn't the two wires simply be snipped and reversed? In my case there's black/red/yellow, and logically (famous last words) black would be the common. However, I just added 3" to the length of my aileron servo's to prevent having extension plugs left in the wings, and it was no easy task pulling the wire nuts through those little holes in the ribs, let me tell you!!! (kidding - solder splice w/heat shrink :-)
Cheers'n Beers.. [_]) Don