Top Flite Gaint P-51

Hello all,

I just ordered the above plane, along with the robart retracts for it. Going to be my winter project :) Been doing a lot of studying on the plane. I wanted to know how the build went for other people that have this same plane?

Also how they set their plane up?

Motor combo, radio gear, finish?

I haven't figured out how I'm going to finish it yet. I have always wanted to try glassing and paint on a plane but, haven't had the chance yet. For the motor I have been looking at the G-62 and Fuji's BT-64, I'm leaning towards the Fuji because it seems to be almost 10 oz. lighter then the G-62. I'm concerned about the weight because, I have noticed a lot of people on the forums talking about the plane being to heavy. Besides that I haven't been able to really find anyone with any experience with the Fuji.

Any comments are welcome. Thx for the help. James

Reply to
James Overman

On 9/28/2004 6:39 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

If you are going to glass the plane, I can highly recommend doing it with water base polyurethane. It is a lot easier to sand, is lighter and finishes the same as using resin.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli