P-51 D Mustang

I have an chance to purchase a Kyosho P-51 D Mustang ARF, still in the box, for under $100. Does anyone have any details about how well this ket flies and am I getting a good deal.

slk

Reply to
slk

Don't touch it with a ten foot pole....

Now send me the sellers phone # and I'll personally chew him out ;)

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

PCPhill bored us with:

lol... Yes, give me the contact information and I'll notify the better business bureau for you ;).

WTH

Reply to
WTH

I have one with an OS 70 FS for power and SpringAir retracts to keep it looking good during low passes.

It is a good flyer, but can be tough to take off and land due to the landing gear being very close to the C of G. It is OK on hard surfaces, but it is hard to land without nosing over on grass...

A fellow flyer adjustet his retracts by putting washers under the rear mounts to swing the gear forward. This helps a lot. He uses an SC 52 FS and that is enouch power.

Erik Sollie Trondheim, Norway

Erik Sollie

I picked one up from Tower on clearance for $122 a few years ago. It flies great and I really enjoy it. Mine is powered by an inverted Super Tigre G51 which provides plenty of performance. The model does tend to want to nose over when on the grass.

The only complaint I have is the sticky-backed covering material. But for the price, you can't beat it.

Good flying, Bob Scott

Reply to
Bob