P-51 Mustang wheel well plans

Hi. I'm building the Airfix 1/24 P-51D, and need to scratch-build wheel wells and the rib structure. Does anyone know where I might find plans or templates for this work? As an alternative, advice on other ways to go about this would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Peace, David

Reply to
youngde811

See if you can track down the old Squadron book "P-51 Mustang In Color". It is full of outstanding artwork detailing cockpit, wheel-wells, etc. I find that paintings are *much* easier to deal with, as opposed to drawings and photos, as the artist has so much more control over what is relevant and useful to modelers.

Reply to
Greg Heilers