EZ P-51 Mustang 45

This plane rocks. I took it up for the first time this weekend. I installed a YS 63, which seems to be perfectly matched to this plane. If YS still sold the 91 I would probably have gotten that (it woulda been ridiculously fast), but the 1.10 is just toooo expensive for a 5-8% increase in power over the

  1. I initially had reservations about getting this ARF (since it has a 0 price tag) but it looks so good and flies so well it was definitely worth it! I just put snoopy in the cockpit with his "flying ace" getup. My next kit might be the EZ Zero ARF. If you can stomach the price, get one, they are great little planes.

Joel

Reply to
Joel

Make sure you soak the landing gear mounts with UFO CA. They are just a couple layers of lite ply. Also, in the rear of the fuselage you will see that the structure is just die cut balsa. Glue in some stiffeners along the length of the sides. Something like 1/4" sticks or triangle stock. These are two weak areas that I am aware of.

They ARE great flying, aren't they? I had an OS .91 Surpass in mine running on 40% nitro and an APC 12.5X9 prop. It hauled ass!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh