Twin P-51 Mustang (P-81?)

A few years ago at a field in Northern California I watched a guy fly a twin P-51 Mustang. It had two mustang bodies held side by side on a center mid wing. I never got to talk with him so don't know if it was something he built custom or a kit. Does anyone have any knowledge of this aircraft? Kit? Who makes it?

Reply to
Watchur6

There have been severalkits ove rthe years. One that comes to mind is Dynaflight.

You could also bash two Great Planes kits into a reasonable facsimilie

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

IIRC, the twin Mustang was a F-82.

Dan Thompson

Reply to
IFLYJ3

It's either a P-82 of F-82; North American made both aircraft. Do a Google Images search for photos and three-views. The Late Col. Art Johnson flew R/C models of both; they flew great.

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack

here is an example of the full scale

Bob Cowell

-- tiol

this thread:

tioli

The World Models P-82 ARF was just reviewed recently in one of the major RC Magazines, but for some reason I can't seem to find it right now. I do remember they had nice things to say about it.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

They're the same plane. The only difference is that the plane was called a P-82 before 1947, and an F-82 after 1947. That's when the Air Force became its own separate armed force, and in true bureaucratic style, they redesignated everything...

Reply to
mkirsch1