micro servo for throtle control

Will this work? tia

Reply to
Howard Denison

| Will this work?

On an Norvell 0.061? Almost certainly. On a 3 ci gasoline engine? Probably not.

More information is going to be required ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I am using Hitec HS-81's for the throttles on my Twinstar. Saito .30 engines. Dont think I would use em on anything much bigger. Would probably work, but a waste of micro gear in my opinion.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

"Howard Denison" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I'll concur with the others that it depends on how big an engine you're controlling, and how big a micro servo. Nowadays, "micro" means anything between about 4 and 20 gm.

My throttle servo of choice is actually a Hitec HS81 MG, which is at the large end of the 'micro' scale. I've had trouble with nylon-gear throttle servos eventually stripping. This makes for a very long flight, if it happens when you're at about half-throttle on floater with an oversized tank.

Never had trouble with metal-gear servos for throttle, though. I've been using them for my .46's.

Make sure your throttle linkage works easily, of course - a micro will have more trouble handling a draggy linkage.

Reply to
Mark Miller

There are two reasons folks don't use that size servo on gas burners. The first is that the ignition systems splatter near by radio equipment, so there is a need for a long throttle actuating mechanism. The second reason is the long actuating system.

I might have the solution to that problem and in short order will be mounting an HS81 up next to my 2.7 inch gas burner. That will help control the throttle and contribute to the shift in CG I want. Yes, there is a trick and I will have it available by Christmas.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High