Kyosho Gee Bee

I have the chance to purchase a Kyosho Gee Bee ARF (still in box) from a fellow R/C club member for just under $200. So I have two questions:

  1. I think this is a really cool looking plane...but my question is, how well does the GEE BEE fly?

  1. And...is around 0 a good price?

thanks in advance slk

Reply to
slk
  1. I think this is a really cool looking plane...but my question is, how well does the GEE BEE fly?

  1. And...is around 0 a good price?

thanks in advance slk ======================== Don't know about flying. Price at Tower Hobbies is 249.99

Reply to
Carrell

I have basically the same plane although I scratch built mine from Adrian Paige Plans. It flies fabulous, lots of fun and looks great in the air. The only prob is takeoff and landing. Land in a 3 point configuration, grass fields are easier due to less of a rollout. Try to land on the mains and it will prob flip. Take off is equally challenging, I found it hard to run on the mains and made it leap off the ground instead of a nice scale takeoff. Cool thing is you get alot of attention at the field with this beauty. Hope I was of some help.

Regards,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I've heard the Paige Gee Bees are very light for their size. IIRC the .60 size only weighs about six pounds. I don't know what the Kyosho version weighs.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee