Multi-Kwik Jaw System

To All:
    Here is something I saw over in Practical Machinist. A vise jaw system for holding multiple parts.

==========================================================================    Every time you replace a part in the vise, each time you change a tool...you've spent valuable time. By using our Multi-Kwik Jaws you now "eliminate repetitious part changing, tool changing, and the need to clean the vise after every single part". Load as many parts as you can fit into the vise and do each operation to all of the parts at the same time. Multi-Kwik Jaw allows quick, versatile, re-usable set-ups.
http://www.c-hmachine.com/kwik4.html#app
http://www.c-hmachine.com/multi-kwik (accessories).pdf
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

These are well made. I scored a set on ebay. Haven't had occasion to use them yet, but since I only paid around $40, I've been content to let them sit around unused for a while... <G>
Ironically, my first use of them will be for a G-job, I've got a project I've been meaning to finish. It's a tiny steam-looking engine not much bigger than a quarter that is powered by breath. I'm going to do a run of a dozen or so as Christmas presents and the Multi-Kwik jaws will be perfect for the base.
Jon
Looks interesting but I think you need all the parts in the vise to be exactly the same so they don't fly out while machining. Still I may use this idea for cold rolled steel parts. Jerry

Jerry wrote:

Jerry:
    I don't know how much play there is between the shafts and jaws, but I think you're right that the parts would have to be similar in dimension to grip properly. Perhaps the jaws could be adapted to hold those Talon Grip inserts, eh?     $985 seems pretty stiff, for something that's so easily reproduced.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

Part have to be close if two or more are gripped in the same jaws. Fit to the shaft on my set is pretty tight, maybe a thou total clearance. Mine are used, can't say if new ones are any tighter.

But less than $100 on ebay is not so hard to take... <G> I've scored some real deals on ebay with tuned searches. Like the one that found a 6" Chick dual vise for around $40. It was listed as a 'Chuck Vise' and was in household tools...
Jon
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:35:41 -0800, Jon Anderson

Sounds like my 4 Haas 5c indexers with Air Collet Closures. It was listed wrong, bought it for about $150.00 a couple of years ago.
Its the older version of this guy;
http://www.haascnc.com/details_rotary_indexers.asp?ID7#RotaryTreeModel
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

NICE score! I'll bet it cost about as much to ship as you paid for it...
Jon