setting up ailerons

Still working on my H9 Twist and I have a question. I am finishing off connecting the pushrods for the ailerons and... How do you establish a centered/neutral position for the ailerons on a symmetrically airfoiled wing? On a flat bottom or semi-symmetrical you can use the bottom of the wing as a guide. Is there a simple way to hold the ailerons in a neutral position without buying anymore gadgets? One thought I had is to use a small bar clamp with padding, thinking that the pressure on both sides would hold the aileron in place. However I doubt that I could establish the same position on both sides. Any advice is appreciated. TIA

Reply to
nate

a centerline on the tip works for me.

Reply to
tailfeathers

Nate,

On mine, I just lightly drew a line on the end of each wing tip where center was (as viewed from end of wing tip). Then just extended it out & set my ailerons centered that way.

My H9 Twist then only needed a couple clicks for steady level flight. --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 5.1, & WinXP Pro w/SP2

Reply to
Jim Lilly

I use popsicle sticks and those plastic spring clamps that OSH sells in a tube of 22 or so. Using two sticks and one clamp should center the aileron. Generally, I just sight it tho, myself. Those plastic clamps kick butt!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Reply to
jim breeyear