Czech Models 1/48 scale F3D

Does anyone have any "advance info" on this one. I'm not really familiar with
Czech models stuff but I placed an advanced order for one anyway. Can I expect
it will be a decent kit with adequate detail and fit or are their kits more of
a small nightmare to build? ant clues would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.........Bill
My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow;
he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio"
W. Zevon
Reply to
Bill Woodier
I have their Yak 15 built, and the FJ-1 Fury and Grumman Goose on the shelves. The plastic is typical limited run (although the Goose is very clean. Their moulding has improved greatly.) and they have nice resin detail parts. The clear parts in the Goose are injected.
The kit will need some care and attention, but you'll be very happy with it in the end.
Reply to
Jeff C
Their early kits were typical rough limited runs kits, they've gotten a lot better though. Still no Tamiya but nowhere near as bad as vacs.
Bill Woodier wrote: > > Does anyone have any "advance info" on this one. I'm not really familiar with > Czech models stuff but I placed an advanced order for one anyway. Can I expect > it will be a decent kit with adequate detail and fit or are their kits more of > a small nightmare to build? ant clues would be greatly appreciated. > > Cheers.........Bill > > My home page:
> " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; > he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" > W. Zevon
Reply to
Ron
Interesting! The only 1/48 scale Skynight I can remember was the old Allyn Plastics kit. Dark blue plastic, no landing gear, just a stand. Looked like the molds were designed to produce one of those give away desk top models that aircraft companies had made as promotional handouts. I know, I'm giving my age away here. Who is advertising this Czech Models kit??
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
SMO had it in their "advance order" section on Saturday and I ordered one. Today when I looked for it, it was not there. However, a quick search for "skyknight" and "1/48 scale" brought it up in the regular catalog section. I assume that means it's now in stock. It's listed as: CM4814, Czech Model from Czech Republic, Douglas F3D-2 Skyknight, 1/48, $44.96 Cheers........Bill My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon
Reply to
Bill Woodier
My memory of the F3D is a good sized aircraft so $44.95 probably isn't out of line dollar wise. I heard one of the Chinese companies is looking at a 1/48 Vigilante, now if we can get those long promised Grumman Panther/Cougar kits from Hobbycraft we will be in pretty good shape for a collection of U.S.Navy jets.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
[...]
Scuse me Gents: Key sticking.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
90 proof alcohol and canned air will fix that puppy.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (e) wrote in news:Hr5Ec.18595926$Of.3084885 @news.easynews.com:
And if it doesn't, drink the alcohol and you wont care!
Ian
Reply to
Ian Burnley
in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m23.aol.com, Bill Woodier at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 6/28/04 5:44 PM:
Just checked the SMO page and it's still there. Hooray!
Noticed that it will be released in three schemes from 1952 to VN era. Not cheap but "reasonable."
MB
Reply to
Milton Bell
I HAD a 1/48 scale vacuform F3D3 but somehow AL wound up getting it away from me :)
There is a F3 sitting down at Quantico sadly rotting away behind some buildings, along with an F 4D and what looks like some T 62's.......... I first saw it almost 20 years ago, and they took a LOT better care of it then. Last time I saw it was 3 years ago, and it had weeds growing up all arond/through it....................
This is right near the Air Ground museum on the base.

Azzz1588