[Q] Monogram Lunar Lander kit /148

First, I've read that the Mongram is better than the Revell becasue the Revell is a prototype and the Mono is from after several missions.

However I have found there are at least three versions of the kit! One, apparently later has the shadows molded into the base, you're supposed to paint them black. Another earlier version I just saw on Ebay has a moon surface base without the shadows. I'd get that one but it's started. Then I also saw on ebay a SnapTite 1/48 LEM.

These are the kits I've found. First Lunar Landing, Monogram #6872 First Lunar Landing, Monogram #5503 (1979), 10th Anniversary First Lunar Landing, Monogram #6060, Heritage Edition First Lunar Landing, Monogram #5901, Young Astronauts First Lunar Landing, Monogram #5081 (1993), 25th Anniversary Don't have the number for the SnapTite.

Any history, comments?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I'm not too familiar with the Snap tite LEM. However, the other models are all of the same kit that was released during the 60's. They are more accurate than the Revell kit as the Monogram LEM represents the LEM after the super weight reduction program. There is a toy LEM released a few years ago by IPI toys that is a rather accurate 1/48 model of the LEM and a nice CSM too. Check out Sven Knudsen's website on space craft models:

also check out
Hope this helps, Gene DiGennaro Baltimore, Md.

Reply to
Gene DiGennaro

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Gene DiGennaro) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Yup, been all over Ninfinger. Gives the kit # but nothing else. Found another site but it only talks aboutthe one with the funky shadiws.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Definitely join the spacemodeler's yahoo group. There's some very knowledgeable people there who could answer your questions. There's a link to the group on Sven's site.

Gene

Reply to
Gene DiGennaro