D-Day Landing Craft?

Is the Lindberg 1/32 the only one?
Was looking for a 1/35 to go with the new DML Normandy figures reviewed a
few posts back.....
Craig
Reply to
who me?
Trumpeter has one coming out. Don't know when.
GO SMALLTALK
David Pennington - snipped-for-privacy@totallyobjects.com
- THE Smalltalk resource
Reply to
David Pennington
didn't Fonderies Miniatures do one ?
Erik Wauters, Belgium
"who me?" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...
Reply to
Erik Wauters
Yes, but someone who had both told me the old Lindberg one was superior. Don't know if that is true or not but I do value that person's opinion though.
Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at
Rob Gronovius
Italeri too: 6436 LCM 3 - 50' Landing Craft
Tom
Reply to
tom hiett
would that be the one that would carry the troops in, similar to the beginning of Pvt. Ryan? That's the boat I'm looking for.
Craig
Reply to
Craig
I think you're looking for a LCVP.
My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon
Reply to
Bill Woodier
The LCM3 (Landing Craft Mechanized) was actually designed to land tanks ashore. They were used by both the American and the British in Europe and by the Americans in the Pacific. While designed for landing tanks they also carried troops (and could hold up to 60 if I recall correctly). It was actually 2 LCM3's that were used as landing craft in Saving Private Ryan. I have a Trumpeter kit and it looks very nice in the box. The Perth Modelers web site has a nice in box review with shots of the sprues.
John Plzak
Reply to
John Plzak