Re: This used to be a great, friendly internationaly open newsgroup...

> I'm outta here.

Be sure to pull Timmie out of the well before you go. Kim M :+)

Reply to
Royabulgaf

When was the last time you posted here, scale modelng or otherwise?

Oh, wait. I forgot. You're gone. Oh well.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Who are you? I don't recall seeing you post on here in the last couple of years. If you created this ng, why didn't you stick around and keep it going how you wanted it to?

Nick P.S. Get a decent spam filter for all the crap and then you'll see an improvement. Also try blocking those you don't like.

Reply to
Nick Pedley

This is exactly my point. Threre are a lot of modelers on RMS. Along with that are a lot of divergent opinions on both modeling-related and nonmodel-related issues. If he doesn't want to read them, he should have the sense not to open the thread. Further, if he doesn't like a particular thread subject, or a particular poster; that's what the kill-file is for.

If he can't either accept that there are posts on RMS that, while of interest to modelers, are not model-related and/or he doesn't have the willpower not to read posts he doesn't want to read, all I have to say to Lasse or whatever his name was is; on your way out "don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

Not to mention... *any* comments about "Arabs" and/or "Muslims", whether those comments be positive or negative...are *not* "racist". "Muslim" is *not* a race. It is a religious/belief system. "Arab" is *not* a race. It is a "geographic origin". (Ironically, if I remember correctly, those that are usually termed "Arab", are in fact, racially, members of the Caucasian race....)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Does anybody that's been here fro the beginning or for several years recognize this guy?

Pathetic troll?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Yup. His name often pops up on this newsgroup in on-topic threads.

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

I think it was some Kurd who said that "all Muslims are Arabs, but not all Arabs are Arab," when commenting on why Kurds often were referred to as Arabs by other Arabs ...

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

Actually, yeah, I do recognize him. In fact he made some modeling-related posts a few weeks ago, and has appeared from time to time in the past. Nevertheless, if he can't handle American poltiical opinion being expressed on a non-moderated English-based NG, that's his problem, not ours.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I'm surprised I haven't seen a 'Lasse come home' line yet.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Ironically, most Arabs are considered Semites. So negative comments about "Arabs" may be considered anti-semitic.

Kaliste Saloom #30703 IPMS/Acadiana Plastic Modelers Lafayette, LA USA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

We have a winner!!!

:-)

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Huh? Extermination of an entire group of people? What are you talking about?

Now, if the "group of people" you're referencing are the international terrorists who willfully and indiscriminately target, maim and kill others for some fanatical and/or self-serving reason, I'm all for exterminating them - with EXTREME prejudice. As a matter of fact, I have participated in that very endeavor.

However, if you're talking about someone advocating extermination of a group based merely on race, ethnicity, or religion, etc., I have seen no serious comment of the sort you imply, not counting an occasional troll (see previous regarding "serious comment"). It seems to me that you may either be not comprehending or misinterpreting what others have posted. Please provide specifics facts to back up your claim.

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

read the marching morons by cm kornbluth.

Reply to
someone

much BS snipped...is this who I shudder to think it is?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

You again?

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

It is if the person you're thinking about is in the Stockton, CA vicinity.

WmB

WmB

Asswipe snipped and put in the round file... the libs even make fun of their own...how appealing...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Of course Liberals make fun of their own--why shouldn't we? People who take themselves or their fellow travelers too seriously have my deepest sympathy--and my disgust.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert