[No, really, this is model related] Some views on Chechen terrorists

Come on. Did you really think this could possibly be about models?

1) It's maddening to hear the world media refer these "people" as "militants". They kidnap children, murder policemen trying to protect the children, use kidnappings for extortion, and murder the kids anyway. Their goals are impossible and hence irrational. They are not fighting "for" anything.

2) Hopefully Bush has given Putin a green light to completely exterminate the inhabitants of Chechnya and lay waste to anything in Russia that has ever been stained by the shadow of a crescent falling on it. Although we can't actually do much to help, we can keep our mouths shut and punish anyone else in the world that squawks about "human rights". . .

3) In my car radio last night I picked up a McNeil -Lehrer NewsHour (do they still call it that?) with some guy representing the "American Coalition for Peace in Chechnya" or similar. At first I thought, "Oh no . . . don't tell me . . . " Sure enough, the guy (who sounded native born American), was quick to blame Russia, doubtful of stories linking Chechens to al-Qaeda, and dismissive of reports that Chechens would be in Afghanistan or Iraq because "100,000 Russians troops in Chechnya have the borders sealed" . . .

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I suspect that Putin will soon convince the terrorists that Russians aren't much given to 'nuance'.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Hopefully Bush has given Putin a green light to completely exterminate the inhabitants of Chechnya

How things change -when Russia tried this in 1994 and 1999, the Western World condemned Russia for its actions.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

"Nigel Heather" wrote

Nothing's changed on my end. I have always supported their efforts as a good example of their "no bullshit - you die" policy. The deliberate carpet bombing and reduction to rubble of a city of 300,000 people was inspiring. They got into real trouble trying to make the place habitable again by sending in ground troops to mop up. They should've cordoned off the place until even the rats died of starvation or were shot trying to cross the line.

When you say "Western World", don't you really mean "western Europe"? As I recall, the Clinton administration was rather guarded in their reprovals. Yes, the man occasionally wagged his finger in person, but the day to day statements were rather tepid. They made some obligatory comments about how both sides should seek a peaceful solution, act humanely, etc., etc. that they knew no one on the ground there would even hear, let alone follow. When it was all said and done, there were no economic sanctions, no termination of trade talks, no recalls of ambassadors. In other words, no complaints. Now that it is obvious to even the EU that the Chechens and other fanatics cannot hear human speech - let alone act on its content - I imagine there will be even less time wasted on "talk" now.

This is not a law enforcement action. This is not deterrence. This not a punitive expedition. This is not a limited war. This is - and must be - a total war of extermination waged by civilization against the forces determined to reverse the last 1000 years of human progress. It is no different than and just as important as other efforts to eradicate threatening pathogens such as smallpox, polio, and influenza. We must kill and keep killing until there is no one left alive who even dares to remember what their fanatic brethren were fighting for.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

9-11-01 changed a lot of things. So did Bali, so did Madrid, so did Beslan, and a whole host of other terrorist attacks. It's just that some people don't realize it yet.....
Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well said!

Reply to
Al Superczynski

For about half a second.....then the text finished loading.

Does murdering scum come close enough? Or how about spineless but vicious children with guns?

I'll go for that.

Reply to
Ron

Actually the Russians I've worked with do go for nuance, usually of a very dry and insulting variety. In the current case though, I think nuance would be anything short of nukes.

Reply to
Ron

Typified by the French government and the softheaded "low countries" as usual.

C'mon Kurt, you're insulting pathogens, they're just doing what biology has designed them to do (note to the dense of the group, that was sarcasm). Personally I prefer willful parasites for the current rabid towelheads (note to the uber PC, the shoe fits deal with honesty for once). My opionion is if they want to play at soldier, fine, let's hit them so hard their constituent atoms won't even recognize each other.

Reply to
Ron

Please don't dignify the terrorist scumbags by comparing them to soldiers in any way, shape, or fashion.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Obvious to the EU council? Oooh yeah, that'll be the day! A few words about how we shouldn't blame those poor muslim "activists" and that it's all Bush's fault anyway, and that's probably all ...

I think the following quote from "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer" (of all things) eloquently describes Europe's behaviour towards the islamist threat:

"We're all on death's door, repeatedly ringing the doorbell like maniacal Girl Scouts trying to make quota."

Might as well rename the whole bloody continent Eurabia and get it over with ...

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

exterminate

Believe it or not, this statement (of mine) is actual disturbs me. I am troubled by the broadness of it. I am sickened by the fact that the terrorists have left the world no other choice. I'm sure there are good, decent, Muslims in Russia, but they have let their faith become co-opted by vermin. They have let their silence become their assent. I only hope that they can save themselves and whatever worthwhile parts of their culture are left. Unfortunately, I think their end is near.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Kurt & Co.:

Having watched the daily briefs on some of the Chechnya affair way back in the beginning (before 9/11), it wasn't about religion. It was about freedom, they simply wanted the Russians to get off their backs and go home. At one point it appeared that the Russians were pulling out and that an agreement was in hand and things were cooling down. Then there was that attack and Putin got up on a white horse, so to speak, and sent in the Spetsnaz and the troops and air units in a full scale invasion. There were those (and still are) in the U.S. Intelligence community that think some of Putin's old KGB cronies staged that terrorist attack to create an excuse to go back into Chechnya. It never made sense for the Chechins to do that, they had pretty near gotten all they wanted. It wasn't about religion in the beginning, the religious fanatics are a fairly recent new wrinkle in there. Like in Iraq, they are "going where the action is", taking advantage of situations that arose from other causes.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Shades of the 'Palestinian' Intifadah......

Reply to
Al Superczynski

'Kill 'em all and let God sort it out'--the trouble I have with this is not the ethics so much as it is the impracticality. To a greater or lesser degree, there are now armed Islamic fanatics in most of the majority-Islamic states on the planet. At some point, out of frustration, this will turn into a real holy war, where both sides want scalps more than peace--so far, this is mostly the preoccupation of the terrorists. Our own domestic freedoms will inevitably become a casualty if this comes to pass.

This is not to say that I am alarmed by 'collateral damage' in Chechniya. What passes for leadership there is a failure. As pointed out, they were practically handed independence, but they couldn't resist trying to foment further trouble in Dagestan and Ossetia. If you think they wouldn't do that, Bill, consider how many Chechens have shown up in Al Qaida. Blaming this crap on Spetznatz makes almost no sense--the Russians really don't need the trouble nor the cost. And the Russians have a border with these fanatics--fortunately, we don't right now, even if such borders as we have are a bit on the porous side. One must suspect, given both proximity and the Russian mindset when they are attacked by a large foreign organization, that they will use overwhelming force. Extra people always get killed when you do that. It's too bad, but frankly, better their extra people, when they have empowered bad leadership to one degree or another, than Russia's extra people, even if they have empowered bad leadership to one extent or another. To coin a trite phrase, it's not who's right that matters, so much as who's left, and the Russians have a lot more to contribute to the welfare of the world than do hate-filled fanatics.

It's like this--if a terrorist doesn't have the sense to live apart from his wife and children, then his genetic contribution to this planet's biosphere is going to go up in smoke with him. It's too bad that neighbors and family get punished, but that's the price they pay for not having cops of their own to arrest the murderers among them.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

That's the trouble with a large portion of this group. They often haven't the faintest idea what the're talking about. But as soon as somewhere in the world a tragedy happens, and they hear Fox news reporting that one of the people involved was wearing a beard they consider it an excuse for another anti-Muslim rant.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

But you know everything about everything, right? You don't have a clue about anything outside your miserable little sphere.

You miss the point (again). Neither I nor most who have posted on this subject have claimed (or hold) anti-Muslim sentiment. What we are against, and have spoken out strongly against is Islamic extremist/terrorist organizations that have attacked us, as well as other countries, just to further their goal of imposing upon others their 11th century, radical Islam-o-centric view of the world.

By the way, Bassticles, your little political entity hasn't even been worthy of interest by the Islamic extremist terrorists; consider yourself lucky.....so far. If/when it does happen; will you roll over, give up your lives and beliefs and invite them in? Will you embrace their forced radical Islamic views in order to avoid a confrontation at any cost or will you resist?

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

Bill - I don't know if you listen to Steve Quayle on the radio or read his website, but according to him, the Chechnyans were hip-deep in weapons traffiking and drug-running into and out of Russia. Again, according to him, that's why Putin & Co. wanted to go back in.

The Old Timer

The Chechen Terrorists, like all terrorists are scum and should be treated accordingly. That is nothing about religion or racism - it applies equally to all terrorists be they Iraqi, Chechen, Irish, English, American etc.

However, I think the 'anti-race' and 'anti-religion' feelings are inferred from stupid statements like

[Quote] Hopefully Bush has given Putin a green light to completely exterminate the inhabitants of Chechnya [/Quote]

The vast majority of Chechen are not terrorists and only want to live in peace. So the above statement incites racism in my opinion.

Imagine this - drug dealers and there gangs are scum and should be treated with extreme measures. There are drug dealers in New York but it's not that easy to target them individually so let's nuke New York. This statement is, of course, absolute rubbish, but little different to the one made in the original post in my opinion.

All I'm trying to say is that most agree (myself included) that terrorists should be wiped from the earth but genocide is not the answer.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

Gee, I gues the muslims I worked with and found to be generally nice folks were people I hated.....Bassie has less clue than a rock (note to the dense, rocks are smart eough to know they're rocks and they just lay there doing rock things).

Resistance by them hasn't done much.....twice in the last century the Germans rolled right on through with barely a hiccup.

Reply to
Ron