Got some paint on a model

I've been working on a Heller Vautour IIA recently. I've had it around since the early '70s, doing some work on it off and on. An accidental dropping sent me back to the basics and I scrubbed all the raised detail off the major parts, refilled the gaps and scribed in necessary details. Saturday I put a coat of Pactra Camouflage Grey on the undersides. This was a NOS bottle that had never been opened and it went on nicely. Hard to believe that the elder Israeli scheme involved tan and Navy blue on the uppersides. Aside from that I have an Aurora F3D painted and ready for decals as a Korean War-era nightfighter. This was a model that I had first built in the '60s as a Sea Blue Gloss with white lettering example. It may be the oldest member of my collection left.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

damn, I've not opened a paint bottle in what near 5 years since I moved to the new house (well 95 year old house) Looks my priorities have changed a bit....

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59