[CARS] HM Ambassador "Amby" models?

Hi.

Out of utter curiousity, are there any model kits available of the notorious Hindustan Motors Ambassador (better known around the world as the Amby) or the late-1940s Morris Oxford upon which the Amby was based? I'd prefer the updated Amby but I'm not picky.

I see the car as fertile ground for conversions. Imagine these:

Neo-Fifties Hot Rod

Mayberry Mountie Police Cruiser

Jacked-up 4X4 version

Since GM is a partner with HM, and the whole US Auto industry is in such a retro design fad now, how about this...they buy the body tooling for the Amby and ship it Stateside (maybe the NUMMI factory in California) and combine the body with a current engine and modern technology--the new Chevy BelAir!

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce

You, sir, are demented! I went to

to see what you were talking about and saw their sales pitch: "You will be talked about - mostly behind your back." Reminds me of the old Volkswagen ads from the 1960s.....

The Old Timer

I try. Dementia is tougher than it looks.

I thought about a NASCAR Amby, but the mods involved would be so intense that once all is said and done you'd wind up with a "Taurus" or "Monte Carlo" anyway.

But an Amby-like car would sell in East Tennessee where I am. This is PT Cruiser country.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce

This is a joke, right? You want to build a Hindustan Motors street machine? What's next, a Trabant?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I think I've seen one of those and it may be on my 'Car' disc. By the time I found out what a Trabbie looks like all the Revell AG kits were gone.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Is this the car a bloke smashes up in the ads to get a lookalike Peugeot

206?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

We don't get ads for Peugeot in the States.

I do however remember the AMC ad in which they drove around in a Ford LTD, then pulled off on the side of the road, took it apart and there was an AMC Pacer underneath. :)