[No, really, this is model related] Some views on Chechen terrorists

"Mark Schynert" wrote

Other than a few emotional burps, I'm really not of that feeling. Unfortunately the complete unwillingness of the non-violent members of the culture to take direct action against those whose who make things bad for everyone leaves civilization little choice. What sort of "negotiation" or arrangement can be made with people who include in their demands the complete abandonment of large pieces of territory by a soverign country, or an insistance that the United States become a muslim country?

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Somehow, carpet bombing a city in 1994 killing thousands, and vowing the extermination of an entire people for their religious beliefs is more civilized and western. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Wow, you are certainly a poster boy for the contemporary "progressives" aren't you? Do you have to go to special classes, or is this degree of ignronace just a natural thing?

Reply to
SamVanga

This is exactly what I mean. Phrases like this and terms like "Islamofascism" suggest that the islamic religion is a bad thing and that terrorists are trying to inpose this believe to the rest of the world. I don't think so. As a matter of fact my "little political entity" consists for a considerable part of Muslims. Even a couple of my neighbours, and I can get along fine with them. We all respect eachother's beliefs or disbeliefs and no one inposes anything to anyone. If my country is going to be struck by terrrorism it will be for other reasons than inposing religion.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

When did they insist that the United States must become a Muslim Country???

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

At least 338 hostages killed, including 156 children, 700 injured, and

200 still missing.

Some excuse for "another anti-Muslim rant" ...

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

"John Magne Stubsveen" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

and your point is?...

it figures..

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

You re-posted the second half of my post with your reply but conveniently left off the first part, the part where it says I hold no animosity toward Muslins ad a whole. When it is taken, along with the part you re-posted, it makes your statement stupid and totally irrelevant. I'll re-attach it below; just to remind you 'cause, obviously, you didn't understand it. Read it again. It says nothing about animosity toward Muslins as a religious sect or on as a whole. In fact, I believe it says quite the opposite; making it clear I was addressing Islam-o-terrorists specifically. If you have problems with comprehension, let me know and I'll help you through it.

Here it is again for ya, Bassticles. You miss the point (again). Neither I nor most who have posted on this subject have claimed (or hold) anti-Muslim sentiment. What we are against, and have spoken out strongly against is Islamic extremist/terrorist organizations that have attacked us, as well as other countries, just to further their goal of imposing upon others their 11th century, radical Islam-o-centric view of the world.

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

You don't think that these terrorists are trying to impose their own beliefs (religious, and otherwise) on the rest of the world, than just what exactly are they trying to do ??

I don't trust the terrorists, and people like you the same way. The terrorists just want to kill me. People like you would just sell out decent people in the world in the name of equality. You would hang us law abiding people out to die.......

BTW, you never did explain how Koyoto would be fair to the USA. But fairness is not what you are interested in.

Reply to
AM

Yuor that slow on the uptake arnt you ??

"Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will"

Reply to
AM

If you still don't understand then I can't explain it to you.

You got anything against Charlie Chaplin ... ?

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

When they demand that we kow-tow to their way of thinking with no regard to our own culture and beliefs, we may as well. What is scary is the number of people that are willing to roll over and allow these animals to have their way.

The Old Timer

IIRC,it was shown a few days after,during a story about muslims in this country being attacked in retaliation...gee I wonder why?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

OBL was more likely to have thought that all we'd do is lob a few cruise missiles in his general direction. That had been about the extent of our response in the past.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

1998: '...our call is the call of Islam that was revealed to Mohammed. It is a call to all mankind. We have been entrusted with good cause to follow in the footsteps of the Messenger and to communicate his message to all nations. It is an invitation that we extend to all the nations to embrace Islam, the religion that calls for justice, mercy and fraternity among all nations, not differentiating between black and white or between red and yellow except with respect to their devotedness. All people who worship Allah, not each other, are equal before Him. We are entrusted to spread this message and to extend that call to all the people.'

Close enough? As they say on the blogs, read the whole thing:

Al Superczynski

I don't know that anybody's literally called for the carpet bombing of whole cities. OTOH, terrorists that, in violation of civilized norms, hide among innocent civilians or in religious sites are the ones ultimately responsible for the results of their actions.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I had an interesting encounter recently.

Walked into a 7 - 11 with a Panther shirt on. (Mk V tank) The arab clerk looked at it very closely, and then announced it was a good tank, driven by the good guys. Took me a minute to figure out what he ment. He pointed at the small SS runes in the corner (LSSAH emblem) and said they were the good guys again. All I could tell him is that these guys were soo good that they lost the war they started, I then left......

Nice shirt, got it at the 96 Nat's, and depicts Barkmanns Panther at the time of his infamous "Barkmanns Corner" incident.

I have a couple of muslim friends and they have never said anything about this shirt. Including the 6' tall good looking girl that wants me to go out with her something fierce !! Tried telling her that I was too old for her, she doesn't care. (dark as night, and incredibly easy on the eyes :)

Reply to
AM

"Bill Woodier" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com...

I'm not convinced.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

"Al Superczynski" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Close enough to what? I see nothing there about insisting the US to become a Muslim country. Besides that, if one replaces "Allah", "Mohammed" and "Islam" for "God" ,"Jesus" and "Christianity" the text might suddenly appear very familiar.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

"AM" schreef in bericht news:xLudnboC snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

You never read anything from the web pages I suggested you to read. So that you are asking unnecessary questions and by doing so trying to waste my time. Which isn't fair either.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen