1/48 scale C-17

Could this be true ?
Dear Sir/Madam:
We are a company based in Taiwan and we'd like to announce our new
project: the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III. C-17's 1/48 model is one of
the biggest that the hobby industry ever has to offer. The kit
measures 101cm (roughly 39") and weighs over 10 lbs. It consists of at
least 250 parts (very likely more) with highly detailed cockpit, wheel
wells, cargo bay, and rubber wheels. The landing gears are of
engineering plastic. The kit is scheduled for delivery around early
October.
We are glad to inform you that we are accepting pre-sale orders now.
All you have to do is sending in your Name, Postal Address, Shipping
Address (if different), e-mail, Quantity. No payment is necessary
until we notify you it is ready for delivery.
We¡¦d appreciate it if you would forward this message to any of the
members of your chapter whom you think might be interested in the
project. Thank you in advance.
Sincerely;
Michael Lee
IPMS/USA #45098
Reply to
NOCKERS
Recieved this via E-mail from a friend. Anybody else hear anything ?
Reply to
NOCKERS
Hmmm .......... I guess I might like to know the price before I "pre order" (:>
Reply to
Count DeMoney
a company url or address would help, too.
Reply to
someone
Now where is that 1/24 C-5 they promised???
Reply to
eyeball
OOOO...OOO-OOO - how many pallets of free kits come packed inside it?
Reply to
Rufus
which one had the working landing gear?
Reply to
someone
maybe if we send $50,000 to his brother in Nigeria we can get in on it early....
Craig
Reply to
crw59
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:5KUZh.270152$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.news.easynews.com:
That was the 1/72 INJECTION MOLDED one, that someone saw once in a hobby shop.
The claimant was thought to have gotten to the Mon-Keys stash of fermented banana juice.
What happened to Dan Winfield, does anyone know? Was the trauma of building the Williams Bros. B-10 more than he could bear?
Reply to
John Stewart
Lat I heard the Mon-key had Dan straitjacketed, ducttaped to a trike and was forcing him to watch while he drank banana brew and used Testors tube glue and square bottle gloss paints on Dan's stach of Williams B-10's.....
Reply to
Ron Smith
ah so. sorry, don't know the gentleman.
Reply to
someone
are those really that bad? i've only ever heard of one built, saw pics but no commentary with it. very cool plane.
Reply to
someone
Could this be true that they are doing a 1/48 scale kit of the C-17 Globemaster. Yes , I bet this would be a really Big Kit
If it scales out at 39'' (i'm guessing that's the length) wouldn't that make the Wing Span about 4 ft. If it weighs in at around 10lbs or better how could you use Plactic for the Landing Gear, wouldn't they bend or just snap after setting there for a while
He say at least 250 parts maybe more.
Well if they have the Kit made just what exactly is the number of Parts in the Kit.
Damn ....... It would be just Soooo KewL to have just One of these
I myself would love to know if ths is for Real or Not. Does anyone know more about this and if it's really true or not.
Why don't they give a target Price for the Kit. It would have to be expensive now wouldn't it. What would something like this have to cost..........
Or is it all just a big scam..............
... Carl ..........
,,
Reply to
cyberborg 4000
Landing Gear,
He claimed industrial plastic, whatever ~that~ is....
Reply to
The Old Man
I wonder how many yards of concrete I would have to pour for the diorama (:>
Reply to
Count DeMoney
Landing Gear,
well the landing gear is plastic. did he ever say what the plane was made of?
Craig
Reply to
crw59
"cyberborg 4000" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3117.bay.webtv.net...
Well, it would sit nice in a diorama with a C-5 and a C-141 in the same scale. When will we se those kits?
Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen
- snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3117.bay.webtv.net...
The 1/72 ID Models C-5 is vacuformed with, IIRC, metal landing gear and can make up into a nice model. I think that it is still available from Heritage in the UK.
Nova Models did 1/72 vacuform C-141A and B models, also nice builds. It will take more of a search, but the results are worth it.
Panda announced a C-17, but that's dubious, at best. Anigrand is offering a cast resin in 1/72 which should be good.
Of course you have to build in 1/72 to get everything that you want in modeling. Current count of aircraft kits in 1/72 from the MAI/ESM 72 database:15,663. What was that other scale again? :-)
Tom
Reply to
maiesm72
: : If it scales out at 39'' (i'm guessing that's the length) wouldn't : that make the Wing Span about 4 ft. If it weighs in at around 10lbs or : better how could you use Plactic for the Landing Gear, wouldn't they : bend or just snap after setting there for a while : Nah. Plenty of wheels under it for support. Which, some to think of it, would be good training for you suck 'n blow types to try an armor model. I always said airplane modelers were simply scared of wheels... :-)
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden