Re: what's the Best Paint scheme for my Ju-52

> Would you Aircraft guys help me out yet again here another time please. > > I'm just about ready to put the paint on that Ju-52 i'm building. The > instructions call for it to have RLM-71 and RLM-62 over the top surfaces > and the fuselage. Then is calls for RLM-65 on the bottom. > > Are these pretty much correct or should they be different colors all > together. Why and where was the "yellow" used on the wing tips on the > underside. > > Thanks very very much > > ... Carl ..........

FWIW I think the majority of 52s were RLM 70/71 upper surfaces with 65 lower. This would apply to the parachute drops over Belgium in 1940 and the drops over Crete in 41'. However the early ones (Spanish Civil war) would have been in 61/62/63 uppers with 65 lowers. I believe one of the pro-modeller versions gave this color scheme. I have never seen a 52 in desert scheme. If there was a floatplane conversion kit to do one of the aircraft that attacked the bridges over the River in Holland you might have a 72/73 over 65 scheme. I would love to do that conversion, but those floats???

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (cyberborg 4000) wrote in news:3539-43FA3159-2298 @storefull-3111.bay.webtv.net:

Yellow wing tips were I beleive Russain front specific id markings.

Reply to
Mustapha, P

If you,re talking 1/72 scale, theold Airfix kit of the JU-52 had the float option as well as spats.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P & H Macguire

I thought they used He-59 seaplanes for that

Jeff Barringer

(William H. Shuey) wrote: " . . . If there was a floatplane conversion kit to do one of the aircraft that attacked the bridges over the River in Holland you might have a 72/73 over 65 scheme . . . "

Yes , i've seen once before where people were talking about those Big Floats. My next Question is. Just where can you get those Big Beautiful Floats for the Ju-52.

... Carl ..........

,,

,,

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

Didn't JU-52s sometimes have yellow engine cowlings and rudders?

Reply to
eyeball

Stephen Tontoni

Yellow underside wing tips designated an Eastern Front aircraft usually accompanied by a yellow band around the rear fuselage. Some aircraft had yellow noses and tails but I doubt a Ju 52 ever did.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller