Q on selling model kits

Hi Guys,i was wondering if anybody has ever tried to sell their excess stuff(model kits & accessories) with an ad in their local newspaper? If so,how did you do? Thanks,as always.Kelly

Reply to
Teresa Voyles

I don't even get the paper anymore and if I did I wouldn't know where to look for them.

If your anywhere near an urban center post them here and craigs list if not your best bet would be ebay

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

Try

it is free and easy to use

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

A lot of places now have weekly or bi-weekly papers like the one called ''pennysaver'' putting an ad in one of these might be a better move because lots of foks use those papers to buy and sell all kinds of items you don't usually find in the daily paper. Pick a couple of them up an see what things get listed :)

... Carl ..........

,,

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"
quick LooK into My Life

cyberborg 4000

Several years ago I did just that with a bunch of HO 50 foot boxcars. With something like that it's best to sell in the Fall. I sold the whole bunch that time but I got lucky. The buyer was a mother looking to add to her son's layout. Did I make any profit? Not really, but I did move them out which was the goal.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

You might try asking at the local hobby stores if there is a local model group that meets. Or maybe the local hobby store might be interested in buying stuff, especially if it's out of production.

Reply to
GaryKato