Question on Aurora-Heller Kits

Has anyone ever done an Aurora-Heller aircraft kit from the old 1970's Prestige Series? If so, how did they stack-up? Yeah, I know that next to Tamiya there's no contest but based on their own merits, how were they?

I came across a mint copy of the P-51D and thought it might be fun to tackle but if these kits are real headache producers, I might pass. Any insight would be greatly welcomed. As always, thanks in advance.

Mike

Reply to
MGlantzMN

IIRC it's just a repackaged Heller kit,typical of the time.Raised panel lines,little cockpit detail.A nice,simple build.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

the aurora's i did in the 60-70's were more child's toys than real kits. kind of representations of models. ymmv.

It's one of Heller's poorer kits but the separate rear fuselage strake included is useful on P-51B kits.

Reply to
Al Superczynski