Heller Staples

I am trying to find staples for a Heller model TM staple gun. These
are the type used for installing low voltage communications cable,
3/16" i.d. x about 3/8" long, and have round tops. Heller is
apparently out of buisness and neither Grainger or McMaster-Carr have
anything that will fit, are there any other sources?
Mike
Reply to
KyMike
They sound just like the staples I have for my Arrow staple gun, the kind used for installing e.g. phone wire. Try staples from another brand.
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Have you tried the Arrow T25 staples? Thats the most commonly used staple for wire staplers. Several brands used them
Gunner
"There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do." -- Terry Pratchett
Reply to
Gunner
Hello Gunner,
Yes I have some T25's, but they are 5/16" across the outside of the legs and won't go in the gun. I suppose I might try squeezing them in a vise around a scrap of 3/16" bar if I had to, but just wondered if exact replacements can still be found. I do know the Bell System still uses them, but a lineman I asked didn't know who the company bought them from.
Mike
Reply to
KyMike
Ok..hummmm...Ill ask around. The T18 is a smaller version and the t36 and T50s are bigger versions of wire staplers.
What OD does yours take?
Gunner
"There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do." -- Terry Pratchett
Reply to
Gunner
It takes 1/4" o.d. staples, or at least that was what was in it when I got it. Grant, there probably is another brand that would fit but the problem is finding it. Arrow and Bostitch seems to be all that is stocked around here. Thanks for the replies.
Mike
Reply to
KyMike
How many do you want? I think my BAE uses that size. The box says 18 ga. x 7/32" x 1/2". I buy 6 boxes at a time from a great supplier, he could track them down if mine aren't the same.
Reply to
Tom Gardner
IIRC..the T18 is 1/4" od
Gunner
"There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do." -- Terry Pratchett
Reply to
Gunner
On 2 Apr 2007 10:28:19 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "KyMike" quickly quoth:
Arrow also makes a telephone wire staple, the T-18. I don't know what size they are, but they're surely smaller than the T-25s.
I just picked up a 1/2" crown stapler from HF for $12.99 the other day. It'll be great for roofing felt and furniture upholstery. 5k staples to go with it were on sale for $2.99, too. That ought to last me awhile, y'think?
Sometimes it's just easier to buy new tools rather than trying to find consumables to fit older stuff. Let's hope you can find them, though.
G'luck!
Reply to
Larry Jaques
I really only wanted one for now, just to see if they fit, but if I locate the right kind I would want a few more. The 7/32" is probably too big though.
Mike
Reply to
KyMike
:
T18 sounds like what I need, now the trick is to find a supplier that will accept a check or money order. Those I located through Google so far only want paypal or a credit card, which I don't have. Thanks everyone.
Mike
Reply to
KyMike
Last ones I bought have a tractor supply sticker on them, course that was prolly ten years ago. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
First thing you do is go down to the local Telco Pole Yard, track down the I&R guy, and borrow a half-strip of Arrow T-18 staples. Run them through the gun if you can, and make sure that's what you need.
I have seen T-18 staples and staple guns at decent local hardware stores like Ace and True Value. They charge more, but they have them.
-->--
Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman
Local Alarm Stores, and most electronics supply houses will have them. They serve duty in the alarm, telecom, networking and home theater industries, though the T25 is more common.
Gunner, who ran through a couple bricks of wire staples a year, for 15 yrs
Fred Thompson and Condi Rice in '08!!!
Reply to
Gunner
I need staples for my Heller Stapler. It doesn't say what staples it uses, but does say " Use Only Heller Staples" and has "Model 12" on it with a "K" stamped over the "12". It took me a while to figure out that it is actually a "12". Why would anyone go to the trouble to stamp a "K" on top of the "12"? The U shaped pushrod end measures 5/16" OD, (not 1/4" or 3/8")
Reply to
graydog
graydog fired this volley in news:8209b$5642b36a$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:
A "U" shape with a _diameter_... piece of cake!
What you'll need are 5/16" INSIDE DIAMETER staples. They're a little rare, but I'm sure you'll find them in the "K" drawer, in the #12 staples supply area of your home-goods store.
Lloyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
I have been using this wire staple gun for many years and the staples for the gun are the arrow T-18. They are readily available in different sizes from many outlets.
Reply to
bud

Site Timeline