Re: Heller Kits

"Michael Alvarez" a exposé le 14/09/2003 :

Are these well-regarded? I'm building the Eiffel Tower as a present for my > brother. The fit is atrocious. Is it just this one kit, or is this a > common thing with Heller in general? > > I'm not a happy camper. > > Thanks

No Michael it isn't common to all Heller Kit. I have not this one, but generaly Heller has good kits...

Reply to
Flying Frog

Mike,

Naturally, the kits Heller are not the kits Tamigawa, and it is not enough to shake the box to obtain the built model but where would be the pleasure of the modeler? On the other hand, as you write it, subjects are often original, especially if you are interested in the French aviation, in the motorcycles, in the old cars or in the boats, forms are often very exact and faithful dimensions. On the other hand, the inside of planes often lack details, but personally I prefer that rather than inside which overflow details but which do not correspond to the reality as with some Japanese kits.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Mike,

I have made a number of Heller kits in the past and still have a few unbuilt kits sitting in my closet. I have learned that Heller, like every other model manufacturer, produces a dog now and then. I haven't found a company yet that bats a thousand. Generally, however, I have found the line of Heller kits to encompass an interesting variety of subject matter, be of good quality and offer good value for the money. Maybe your model is just one of their dogs, but don't condemn them yet. Believe it or not, I've built a couple of Tamiya's that I wasn't too thrilled about either.

Mike

Michael Alvarez wrote:

Reply to
MGlantzMN

I'll jump in here and add my praise for Heller kits. I've been building Heller since my Bloch 152 was purchased in '67. I've never tried one of their buildings but the planes have been very good. The most difficult Heller kit I've encountered was their Focke-Wulf Stösser but that was because of the parasol wing.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Agreed, don't forget their over-engineered armor kits. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius