1/25 Corvette woes...

Is there some reason why Revell seem to be categorically incapable of getting the paint guides of their Corvettes right? I've just had to pul the engine of one of my corvette kits in order to repaint it, because the instructions are more or less inverted when it comes to the colors specified, and even on the latest model, where they at least got the colors right for the engine block, they've specified the wrong colors for the engine front. Not funny, Revell.

Also, while two out of my three kits are completely straight with no detectable warping, the third kit has both a nose attitude problem (it points up too much, so the hood doesn't fit), and a twisted chassis, to the point where the front leaf spring wouldn't fit correctly and took superglue and ages of clamping on to fit. In fact, since I broke the joins when pulling the engine, I may even have to scrap it, because I sincerely doubt it will ever look OK...

Then of course are the modeler-induced problems - I just couldn't leave well enough alone and had to touch up the paint a little more, and ended up misting two car bodies with the absolute dregs of the rattlecan, leaving me with a pair of very glittery cars which was not what I had intended at all... Thankfully it's correctable, with some extra fine wet sandpaper and some polishing compound, but it's damnably annoying...

Are there any sites specific to car modeling techniques out there, like ARC for aircraft?

SP

Reply to
sebastianpalm

The Hobby Heaven message board is pretty good -

, and since you seem to be especially into Corvettes you might enjoy
.

Reply to
Al Superczynski