overseas rc hobby shops

I have a friend in Bangkok on business at the moment and after Thailand he is going on to the Phillipines. He has offered to buy me an engine if I can come up with the Hobby Shops. Can anyone help? A web search has so far been fruitless. Bob Tomlinson

Aussie RC Enthusiast and Rugby Fanatic.

Thank heavens the USA hasn't discovered and packaged Rugby.

Reply to
adder

He's in Bangkok and wants to go to hobby shops? Is there something wrong with that boy? ;-)

Reply to
C G

Strange as it may seem you will probably pay a lot more for an engine there than you will in the USA. Found that out as a road warrior in Hong Kong, Korea, Japan and Taiwan a few years back.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I'm not in the US, Red and US prices are a LOT cheaper than Au, but then you have postage and the dreaded Au Customs Service so I thought I would see it they were cheaper in Phillipines and Thailand.

I bought an OS 120 FS unpumped >Strange as it may seem you will probably pay a lot more for an engine there

Bob Tomlinson

Aussie RC Enthusiast and Rugby Fanatic.

Thank heavens the USA hasn't discovered and packaged Rugby.

Reply to
adder

I want him to go to a hobby shop.

He single so he's enjoying himself. So far in two days he's had a body to body oil massage, a hand job in a bar, and last night was off to find a bar girl to take back to hotel for the night.

Not sure if hes still capable of shopping for me.

Bob Tomlinson

Aussie RC Enthusiast and Rugby Fanatic.

Thank heavens the USA hasn't discovered and packaged Rugby.

Reply to
adder

Ahhhh, there's nothing like Thai hospitality! :-)

Reply to
C G

If you can find a mail order place in Asia with decent prices, items under $500 that come in via normal post don't incur any tax or duty charges into Australia.

That said, my mate has purchased OS engines from a shop in Japan at considerable savings, but I've never seen similar prices in anyof the online Japanses shops.

Reply to
Poxy

I've been disappointed by many of the prices in HK and Taiwan. Even things made there are no better priced than in the US. I was surprised by the take it or leave it attitude of the shops I visited. However, hobby shops in Singapore are definitely worth a visit.

Reply to
C G

I just had a look at some prices from a couple of the online hoby shops in Singapore - about the same as Oz retail

David

C G wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

Yes, the online prices shown by some of them are not so great. It's a place you've got to visit to truely appreciate it. Last summer I went from Singapore to Oz, with a few days in KL between. I can say for sure that the prices I saw, and got, in Singapore shops were significantly better than what I saw in Oz.

Reply to
C G