Listening Preferences while building

I just thought I would like to share with a great thing to do while building models.

I listen to audio books.

I am a very keen reader and its a bit difficult to turn pages with fingers encrusted in glue so model building took away reading hours and visa versa. Then I discovered uncut audio books.

Has anyone else got into this dual activity? Bob Tomlinson

Aussie RC Enthusiast and Rugby Fanatic.

Thank heavens the USA hasn't discovered and packaged Rugby.

Reply to
adder

No, but putting on Rimsky-Korsakoff's "Flight of the Bumblebee" puts one in the correct frame of mind before a flight. After a day of flying the song "Crash Into Me" by Dave Mathews Band comes to mind.

Bill

Reply to
WSG

I have a set of these CDs and put 'em on the big Fisher/KLH stereo-

Bill(oc)

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Naw, I listen to tunes. Most recently, Genesis. Quite often, Propeller Heads. No lie.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I listen to audiobooks about 50 hours a week, driving one of the biggest brown trucks, hopefully with aircraft for some deserving flyer inside. I share workshop space with my wife, who makes lampwork beads. When we can agree on a book that neither of us has heard we'll listen to it.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

Bob Tomlinson

Aussie RC Enthusiast and Rugby Fanatic.

Thank heavens the USA hasn't discovered and packaged Rugby.

Reply to
adder

Now THAT is another idea worth stealing. Wonder if my local has anything in a genre I might even read. Gonna hafta go look. Thanks.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I "LISTEN" to TV while building. If I hear something I think might be interesting I stop and look at the screen. I mostly have Discovery or National Geographic on.

Regards

Tom Watson Sydney Australia

Reply to
Tom Watson

WSG wrote: k

But don't ride an exercise bike, as I do, whilst listening to the above if you have a weak heart, as I find myself peddling in tune to whatever I'm listening to ;->

Reply to
Dan Wenz

Packaged rugby? Like the UK and Australia? They are only just below football and cricket (Not even a sport) in the fanaticism generated.

Oh, I prefer to listen to classic rock.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Trouble is I get that engrossed when I am doing something that I would never hear it, it drives 'er indoors mad on a regular basis. She often has a lengthy conversation with me only to find out later that I didn't take in a single word >:-)

I usually slip up by asking her about something she had carefully explained the hour/day before >:-(

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered

Ok, Pratchett rocks! Who is reading them? On the tape I mean.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Reply to
Mike Gordon

I listen to country music, Santana, Pink Floyd and Van Halen while I build. Helps the day go by. LOL

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Bob Tomlinson

Aussie RC Enthusiast and Rugby Fanatic.

Thank heavens the USA hasn't discovered and packaged Rugby.

Reply to
adder

I mostly listen to Talk Radio when its on, especially Rush L. and any associated people that like to bash democrats. Democrats are so easy to bash and I love it. No Talk Radio, like on weekends, then mostly Country-Western music. Houston has an Oldies station that plays music from way back. When I get tired of that then ther'es a soft-rock station that plays nice music. Sure got a lot of building done today. Rain precluded flying, wife had company for playing cards and I stayed in the shop some 10 hours. A great day it was and the CW Oldies station seems to have picked up some more tunes. Great therapy!

HC AMA L-93

Reply to
CainHD

All the Pratchett books I have listened to so far are read by Michael Planer. At present I am enjoying "The Last Continent" (Australia) and have just finished "Interesting times" (China)

This is a good webpage for any>Ok, Pratchett rocks! Who is reading them? On the tape I mean.

Bob Tomlinson

Aussie RC Enthusiast and Rugby Fanatic.

Thank heavens the USA hasn't discovered and packaged Rugby.

Reply to
adder

I just read it, and then listened to it. (our local library has a huge selection) It's hard to finish a series you've followed for more than 20 years knowing there isn't going to be a next book. My vote goes to the 4th book "Wizard and Glass" as the best.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

Finished The Dark Tower, book 7 just this night. Took me a week and a half to read it. O, Discordia! I keep hearing Come-a Chameleon in my damned head...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople