RC Bird

Has anyone had any luck with making a model fo a RC bird? I was thinking along the lines of a seagull.

Thanks, Pete.

Reply to
Kiwi Pete

A Seagull?? You'll have to make sure and add a tank to carry a bunch of that white stuff they dump on you all the time at the beach. LOL Eddie Fulmer

Reply to
Efulmer

Reply to
MikeF

Pete, The Kit for the Slope Soaring Seagull has been around for years from Bird Works.

Yes Eddie, There is an option to make it into a "Shave Cream" poop bomber.

You can even try before you buy, since the site has a FMS simulator version of their Seagull as a free download.

Bob Ruth AMA 720565

Reply to
BobAndVickey

Yes. They fall into three types.

(i) Silly fun. The 'Funky Chicken' (ii) almost scale outline. The slope soaring gulls and hawks. (iii) Ornithopters. There is a suberb carbon fiber and electric motor contraption out there called a park hawk.

Frankly, I love em all. Hope to even fly some one day.

Along with 'fanasy scale' - you know planes out of 'star wars' etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hehehe and more to drop on cars around the area's folks feed them :-(

Reply to
JB

RCM has a plan from many years ago. If I recall one was used in the filming of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull".

Reply to
Pete Christensen

Have a look at

Under "Airplanes", see "Ornithopters and Specialty" and "Park Flyer/Indoor" Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

refer to the Birdworks =

see others at
"Flying Wings (inc Delta), Flapping Wings or Ornithopter. "

Flying wings

Advanced Propulsion Home Page - JLN Labs Airfoil Design for Tailless Airplanes 1 Andy MacDonalds Flying Wing page. Airfoils for Flying Wings and Tailless Airplanes *** Correx Deltas - good plans & video. Flying Wings - Trimming Flying Wing Models - Basic design Foam Wing Construction Mugi Correx Combat Flying Wing Theoretical Flying wings TWITT- The Wing is the Thing Flying Wings : An Anthology Birdworks - inc the RC Gull

Flapping Wings - Ornithopter

Bionics and Evolutiontechnique CyBird (- with movies etc) Flapping Flight Links Flapping Flight - Ornithopters Multiwinglets_Rueckstromtaschen Ornithopters ParkHawk Robofalcon - Intercept technology Truefly - Flying by flapping wings The Flutterby

1900 Clark BiWing Ornithopter

regards Alan T.

Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Links

A.T.

Been done. I have flown one and they fly great. go to

and click on 'ornithopters'

Reply to
jeboba