(AIR) Interesting bird

Hi All:

I was heading down the road to Winchester, Virginia today and saw something interesting. There is a practice drop zone for the Reserves/National Guard units who have to maintain their jump skills in West Virginia, a few miles past Charlestown. Driving down that way on weekends I often see groups of C-130's, once a "conga line" of five even, heading into this drop zone. Anyway, today I'm just passing Jubal Early Avenue in Inwood (unincorporated) when over flies this C-130, really low. U.S. Insignia, a lighter grey than the N.Guard birds I am used to and what I can see of the upper surfaces is white. Any ideas what I saw? Marine corps or some special ops bird or what? Definitely different markings from what I am used to seeing (West Va. or Maryland Guard birds). Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Could be Navy or Marines - did it look like this?

Vesa Halme

At some point in the past, William H. Shuey posted this drivel:

Actually no, in the Navy, WV is the tail code for Fleet Logistics Support Squadron 53 (VR-53), out of Naval Air Facility Washington on Andrews AFB.

Reply to
Doug Semler