Bird dog

Hello,
I bought a piper cub with the intention of making it into a L-19 bird
dog. I want to do it in an Air Force Gray scheme with maybe a shark
mouth on the front. Does anyone know where I can get some photos of
the recon plane with this kind of scheme? Thank a lot.
Reply to
model.aviation
If you are modelling in 1/48, then Model USA seems to have *exactly* the kit and markings you are looking for.
Enzo Matrix
Unless you're talking of a 'what-if' scheme I think you should know that the Cub was an L-4 not an L-19. Piper built the Cub and Cessna the L-19.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
That's gonna be a Helluva conversion project! :)
Mad-Modeller wrote:
Reply to
frank
If he's talking about a Super Cub, maybe he means L-18.
Mad-Modeller wrote:
Reply to
frank
The Super Cub would be the L-21, no?
Cheers,
Reply to
Bill Shatzer
Yes. The L-18 was the L-4 fixed up for MSP. There were at least 460 of them refurbished as L-18Cs.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Sorry should have specified. This is a flying R/C model, .40 size Golberg Anniversy Addition Piper Cub. I am aware the bird dog was a cessna but I feel that it I can make look pretty sharp with that scheme regardless. Thanks
Mad-Modeller wrote:
Reply to
Jake
Also, the L-19 was a much later design, all metal, larger engine, and designed many years after the Cub/L-4. In fact, I think the L-19 missed service in WW2 and saw its service in Korea.
Reply to
Don Stauffer
Doing a Google, it seems the Super Cub was also called L-21. Didn't look for the specs, tho.
Bill Shatzer wrote:
Reply to
frank
Like this?

Use their search page for more results.
IvyMike
Yes!! That's exactly it, thank you very much.
IvyMike wrote:
Reply to
Jake