Bird dog

Hello, I bought a piper cub with the intention of making it into a L-19 bird dog. I want to do it in an Air Force Gray scheme with maybe a shark mouth on the front. Does anyone know where I can get some photos of the recon plane with this kind of scheme? Thank a lot.

Reply to
model.aviation

If you are modelling in 1/48, then Model USA seems to have *exactly* the kit and markings you are looking for.

Enzo Matrix

Unless you're talking of a 'what-if' scheme I think you should know that the Cub was an L-4 not an L-19. Piper built the Cub and Cessna the L-19.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

That's gonna be a Helluva conversion project! :)

Mad-Modeller wrote:

Reply to
frank

If he's talking about a Super Cub, maybe he means L-18.

Mad-Modeller wrote:

Reply to
frank

The Super Cub would be the L-21, no?

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Yes. The L-18 was the L-4 fixed up for MSP. There were at least 460 of them refurbished as L-18Cs.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reply to
Jake

Also, the L-19 was a much later design, all metal, larger engine, and designed many years after the Cub/L-4. In fact, I think the L-19 missed service in WW2 and saw its service in Korea.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Doing a Google, it seems the Super Cub was also called L-21. Didn't look for the specs, tho.

Bill Shatzer wrote:

Reply to
frank

Like this?