Ace Big Bingo

Anyone have one of these or remember them? I just picked one up second hand and need to know the CoG. I'm planning on using my MDS 1.48 which turns a 16-8 APC at 9100 RPM. Is this about right? The plane weighs around 18 lbs without fuel.

Reply to
Frederick Witt

I just got one myself with a Quadra 42. I have yet to fly it, but I'

really looking forward to getting it going!

I got a set of plans with it and they show the CG to be at center o the main spar.

Enjoy!

Bobby

-- bobbyge

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bobbygee's Profile:

this thread:

bobbygee

By the way, here's an old review of the Big Bingo that you might fin

interesting:

I'm new to giant scale planes, but a 1.48 with a 16" prop seems smal for this plane.

Bobby

-- bobbyge

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bobbygee's Profile:

this thread:

bobbygee

Reply to
Brad

hi fred

I have both the bingo 60 and the big bingo.the bingo 60 has a 72 i w/s and the big bingo 85w/s.Both are constant chord wings.C.G is 1/3 o the total wing chord.that should put you right on the main wing spar.

Both planes are great fliers and very predictable and floaters which is why i droop both ailerons,helps plane settle in quicker.Th sig 4 stars use the same droop in ailerons and even furnish a gage fo this purpose.i use the same gage to set my aileron droop. the planes were made by ace rc in the early 70s and stoppe production in the mid 80s.i,ve been flying my bingo 60 with an mvvs 6 .great combo but a 4 stroke 72 -90 would be nicer.i fly my big bing with a os bgx 3500 2 stroke.really pulls this big bird around.I a thinking of putting a us 41 in it soon

-- kroflite5

----------------------------------------------------------------------- kroflite54's Profile:

this thread:

kroflite54

Brad, Kroflite,

I saw a Big Bingo fly at our field and watched him for a couple o flights and found myself grinning at how smooth and elegant the plan looked in the air.

A week later I was still grinning. I decided that if just watching i fly made me feel that good then I needed to get one ... this afte thinking I'd never have anything bigger than a .40 size!

I scoured the web for one and lucked out finding one after about tw weeks. It's here and it's SO beautifully built that I'm just no feeking ready for it yet. So I went after a big biplane that doesn' look so perfect!

I want to get my confidence up before I take the Big Bingo out!

Kroflite, how similar is the smaller one to the big one in flyin characteristics? Is it pretty much the same?

Bobby

-- bobbyge

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bobbygee's Profile:

this thread:

bobbygee

bobbyG

both bingos fly pretty much like the other.the bingo 60 is faste on response .My big bingo weighs in at 18lbs.os bgx3500 with a miok

20x8 prop on 10% byron fuel.the 60 also flies with 10% byrons.Thes planes are a joy to fly. I wish some mfg would bring thses two planes back as arfs.

ke

-- kroflite5

----------------------------------------------------------------------- kroflite54's Profile:

this thread:

kroflite54

Thanks for the info. How would you rate the power of the BGX for this plane? I have a very good running MDS 1.48 I was thinking of using but will go bigger if I need to. I get around 7200rpm with a 18-8 apc prop. Is this enough?

Reply to
Frederick Witt

frederick

bgx is plenty of power.i only fly at 3/4 throttle or less.try to sav fuel.the bgx will burn about 2 oz a min at full throttle.but if i nee it ,the power is there

ke

-- kroflite5

this thread:

kroflite54