Let me know if I'm smoking dope here.
What if ...
1) there was a field intended for RC flying
2) there were 2 air traffic control towers, one at 5%
length from the each end of field (like football)
3) low-power radar (do they make such a thing
4) radio-frequency for each tower
5) flying into and out of each tower control zone via
strict air traffic control rules
6) planes lining up in queue for landing & take-off
7) competition is trying to arrange 6-10 landings with
all these planes around without proximity rule
infractions, you know, like the real thing, and
reaching some specified minimum altitude
between landing requests.
Would this concept fly ? Would the challenge attract
RC plane modellers ?
or is it too complex/involved to attract modellers ?
Or do people simply prefer the freedom to fly as, where
and how they like ?
- posted 17 years ago