ROSES AND ROAD APPLES Thank you to all!!

We the Short Family Wish to THANK the following People ie Companys for there help in getting us back on our feet after a F4 Tornado wiped us out on May

4th of this year. ROSES to :::Mr. Kelly at LAB for all the NEW Pinning kits & Shirts and Other Nice and Neat tools !!! they sent to us, HIGH TECH TOOLS for their Complete set of Auto-Lockout tools., The RED CROSS for the 3 meals a day, Clothes, Cleaning Supplies, rakes,shovels, wheel borrows, for me and the wife and our SIX Children to help rebuild our home. The Salvation army for their 100's of bottles of Water and Gatoraid, food & much more. McDonald Dash Dist. for a couple of used Display wood blanks so that we could display our locks again. Rytan for their donation of 2 tools. Pro-tec for giving us a 30% Discount on some tools that we needed to repurchase...... ROAD APPLES to American Family Insurance who has put my family through hell and has taken us for the ride of our LIFE!!! FEMA for NEVER showing up with an Adjuster after LOTS of promises ( A Goverenment full of Lies and Deception ) . All the Out of town contractors that showed up to HELP US OUT of course while only trying to charge 10 fold the price.

I Swallow my pride when i need to: and because of that I WILL Survive!!! Plus if you do not Ask the Question, You will NEVER get an Answer...............

Our family web site is

if any one wants to see the damage of the town or us. We lived only 1 HOUSE behind the square which was

100% Wiped out. If any one has ANY type of OLD or Seconds in Tools, Blanks, POS Display stuff, Please send to ACTION Lock & Key of Stockton, Missouri. UPS Address is 115 S Church, USPS is PO BOX 961 Zip is 65785, Phone # is 417-276-3312 & 417-276-9150 Cell.

PLEASE Remember what might not to you be of any Importance could mean the WORLD to us!!!!!!!!

Clifford Short

Reply to
Clifford Short

if not Stockton, Pierce City might have such a need. they are currently dozing the main business district flat and hauling it off... --Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

How can I get in touch with someone who would know?

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

give me a day, let me dig a bit...

--Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

Best wishes to you & yours Clifford. Just a question I have always wondered about tho, why do you guys that live in the tornado belt, always seem to build your houses shops etc out of pine timber and plywood, and other 'blow away' flimsy material ?. I live in Cairns Australia, which is just about the number one spot in the nation for big tropical cyclones (usually get 3 per year) and 90% of buildings here are built with re-enforced concrete on raft concrete slabs. Roofing material is colourbond steel heavy gauge, screwed down with 4" capped roof screws. The roof trusses are hardwood and are tied down with huge steel U brackets and steel rods which go from every roof truss tail, through the solid concrete walls and into the footings in the slab. Even the glass in the windows is heavy tempered glass. These are the Australian building construction code standards for tropical cyclone areas, and every stage of construction is inspected and signed off on by officials. Whenever we see footage on the TV of tornado devastation over there, it shows all these flimsy houses that you could blow the side wall out of after a decent feed of chillies and onions. Why is it so ?? Thanks. :-)

Reply to
Steve Paris

$$$$. pure and simple...

the walls would have to be 4-6" thick, with another 6-8" of insulation on the inside... ceiling? figure 2 feet.

plus lazy architects, and building codes...they want cheap, and fast... the high skilled building trades are gone IMO. THe guys that go 'back to the lad' can build houses that are practically bomb proof tho, but its DIY labor... --Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

Yea, thought so. It's a wonder the insurance companies don't chew on the ears of the state building authority. Insurance companies are the ones that have to fork out umpteen millions of dollars every time a twister comes through and flattens the joint.

Reply to
Steve Paris

actually the loss ratio is not IMO enough to warrant throwing out the building industry rules as at present, to warrant concrete construction... it HAS been done-building a house that wont burn, thereby negating the need for fire/storm damage insurance. but these were one of a kind, custom. --Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

Thanks Shiva for your replies. Dammed if I would live in a tornado belt / zone in anything less than a concrete house. Last big tropical cyclone we had here, well, I sure was glad to be in something that felt safe. The wind picked up my large beer fridge which was out on the back patio, and placed it 15 foot up in the mango tree. Thank God I had removed my home brew the night before, otherwise it would have been a catastrophe of Biblical proportions !

Reply to
Steve Paris

Dear Mr. Short, I did both Google and Switchboad.com searches on both your phone numbers, and then your name and adress, and then worked it back and forth any way I thought I could. I can find no listing for you, your adress, your business name, or your phone numbers. How does one explain this? I'd be willing to send you some lock supplies (no charge to you) if I had some assurance that you are an established locksmith firm.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The business name is listed with 411. If your 411 is local information only then use 417-555-1212 to verify. Online phone listings are usually not completely up to date.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere