Metal t bird

There's a car made out of metal called a Thunderbird. My wife wants one. One of the 2002-2005 range. Does anyone have one of these, has had one, or knows someone who has one? What can you provide about the car as per whether or not it is a good car?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

How do you define "good"? That's the right age range for Consumer Reports to be able to give you a good idea of their reliability (and about the right age that Ford's quality finished going way up).

I like the recent-ish T-birds; they did a good job with the forward- looking retro styling.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I haven't heard anything bad about them. tried to get my wife to buy a nice one a friend has, but she bought a Z4 instead.

Reply to
Rex

I haven't heard anything bad about them. tried to get my wife to buy a nice one a friend has, but she bought a Z4 instead.

My wife's first car was a '55 TBird. Now she needs a car and wants the 2005

50 year edition. Her choice. The original wasn't a screamer, just a cruiser. The two seater Vettes took off into the stratosphere on power and speed, but the T Birds would barely downshift if you stomped the gas.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

This is all hearsay. We were in a car lot buying a truck and they had one of the T-Birds when they were less than 6 months old. Here's the salesman's story. An older couple bought one here when they first came out. Traded it back in because it had too much power and way too stiff a suspension. They contended it was too stiff to be a comfortable ride. I think they were expecting a Lincoln type ride. Sure not a Mustang, but closer there than a Lincoln.

Reply to
DanG